Repairs possible for way off white balance?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amajamar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I made 10 dives in Aruba last week and have many pics. However, I am a relative beginner to UW photography and dealing with white balance is a major problem for me. Is there a way to correct white balance after the fact? My camera does not shoot in RAW, so I hope there is way to make things at least a little better.

I have PS Elements 2.0. Is there any other software that is better for repairs of white balance?

Thanks in advance!

post a pic and I will try and work with it in photoshop for you and tell you what I did if you like it.

Bad

IMG_0797B.jpg

Real Bad

IMG_1014B.jpg

No problem. Give me a half hour to an hour and I will work on those for you.

Here you go. I just ran them through Photoshop CS2 and selected image, adjust, and auto levels. How do they look to you? You can really tweak them in that program but these only took 2 seconds a picture.
firstpic.jpg

secondpic.jpg

Well, that's better. Except for the second one where the hull of the wreck turned red! Oh well, I guess the old saying is true... S in S out!

Thanks, sasscuba, I will try the same technique in Elements and see what the results are!

The next step in my UW photography practise will be with white balance!!

Played with the setting and reworked that second picture.
2003541874656120001_rs.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Did you use a flash on the "real bad" photo? In the upper right I can see a little red leading me to believe you did. Your camera most likely set you wb to flash since it was used, leaving everything blue since it was a wide angle shot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom