Lake wedowee?? Wedowee, Alabama

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello folks, I'm new here and to diving. I've just logged my 8th dive so far into my carear. I was wanting to know if anybody has ever dove Lake Wedowee near the dam. Its located in Wedowee, Alabama in Randolph county.I've been fishing bass tournaments there for about 5 years and for the most part the lower part of the lake is really clear; 10+ft vis just from looking down off the boats edge. Do any of yall know anything about this lake as far as diving goes? Thanks.

Plenty of boat access, they "say" the old 48 bridge is real close to the new one. Look on your fishing maps they show building foundations, submerged bridges, and culverts Where the big cats should be.

Oh and billy its career:wink:

Anyone else up for diving wedowee leter on this spring?

sorry for the typ-o blake, but you should look at your typin' too. LOL. Its "later" not "leter". Anyways, I think this would be a good lake to dive.

Hahahaha!:rofl3: What can you say were a buncha back woods hillbillies!

Anyways get a wetsuit and we'll go.

Anyone else?

It's a bit of a drive for me, but I'd be willing to check it out. If it truly has structures under there it would be a really interesting dive. Are there any shore accessible sites or is this pretty much all boat access only?

Not sure as far as "sites" I'll have to break out the map, but there are definately alot of water access points, there are several county and public boat ramps to access. Boats wont be a big deal since reloader77724 as well as i both have boats available for use. And we might can round up a pontoon to use. Diving out of a bass boat should be a new PADI specialty!!:rofl3:

Sounds good. I'm definitely interested in checking out the submerged bridge.

I would like to check that out. Haven't dove a dam yet. Set a date!! Have gear will travel.

Im not sure about the dam, if they turned on the turbines lets just say the downstream catfish would be eating neoprene wetsuits and dive computers.:coffin:

Water temps right now are 52-56, the same as bluewater. Ya'll pick a date preferrably a saturday and im there.

Back
Top Bottom