Fairhope Alabama diving close?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chocoholic

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My sister is in Fairhope Alabama, and I am going to visit over Memorial Day. Just wondering where would be the closest diving, just to get wet and look at some fishies. I am hoping to find someplace I can dive half day and then get back to visiting with family. Any dive op recommendations would be good too.
The Oriskany wreck sounds great but seems like it would be an overnight or really long day trip, so any other ideas?

If you get on an early boat for the Oriskany, you can make the ride out, do two dives, and get back by early afternoon.

There are several dive ops in Gulf Shores and Orange Beach, both just south of Fairhope, maybe 20-30 minutes drive to the beaches. Gary's Gulf Diver runs a fast 6-pack dive boat and Down Under runs a large Newton dive boat. They both have options for inshore and offshore trips that could fit within a half-day schedule. There are even a few beach accessible dives in Gulf Shores and Orange Beach, including the jetties(tide dependant) and even a shore divable wreck or three(mainly, the Whiskey Wreck).

Give Us a shout. You should get Your name on the book early because we ( and others) will fill up that weekend for sure.

Thanks for the quick replys. I'll check them out.

Oh hey, can you guess at what the ocean temp might be around Memorial day?

Keep in mind this is just a average temp

Water Temps

Summer (Jun-Sep) — 80°-87°
Fall (Oct-Nov) — 67°-80°
Winter (Dec-Mar) — 55°-67°
Spring (Apr-May) — 70°-78

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom