How much would you pay for a used Ladyhawk BC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bamamedic

Contributor
Reaction score
Somewhere between "hold my beer and watch this!" a
# of dives
200 - 499
If my foray into the world of backplates and wings works out as planned, I may have a BC up for sale. I paid $725 for it new from my LDS, and I'm curious as to how much I can get for it used. It's a Scubapro Ladyhawk, used for about 20 dives, barely any wear, everything still works perfectly...and it's got an AIR2 on it. How much do you think it's worth used?

I sold mine on eBay last June for $335. It was a couple of years older than yours but was in great shape and had an Air2.

If you put it on Ebay you never know what's going to happen. You may get 50% of what you paid for it, you may get 110%. I once had a guy win an auction with a bid that was $70 more than I paid for the item new.

The general rule that I follow and that I know a lot of other people follow is that I won't pay more than 50%. I don't care if the thing still has tags on it.

So, there you have it, according to Nick you should be happy with $362.50.

My wife and I both switched over to BPs last summer and we both had the knighthawk/ladyhawk BCs w/ air2. I tried selling them online and the most I was offered was about $300 so they are just sitting in our closet. My wife's sister took up diving recently so she may just inherit the ladyhawk, not really sure what to do with my knighthawk. i put it on once in awhile and run around the house like a crazy person, but that's about all the use i get out of it these days. :D

I hate to tell you this, but you got ripped off! You might get half what you paid for it. My suggestion is to take your losses and sell it now. It will only sell for less the longer you keep it. You do know where to go for gear now, right...

Will your LDS or one near you trade it in? I know mine will trade in on particular brands when you upgrade. Obviosly will only trade brands they sell, but could be worth it if it's essentially in 'new' condition. Might get more value doing it that way rather then selling then buying.. Just a thought...

I sold my Daughters on E-bay last year for $305.00. It was 1 year old.
Jim Breslin

I would never buy a daughter on ebay. You don't get a factory warrantee or parts for life. :D

$305 is not a bad price though. We paid several thousand bucks at the local hospital for ours. The thing with children is not the up front cost as much as it is the long term, ongoing costs. Swimming lessons, gymnastics, day care...

Don't forget getting them certified to scuba dive!

Growing your own buddy is an expensive (and very drawn out) process.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom