Mask recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hammerhead

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Dear SBers,

I'm shooting a DSLR, so I need to get right up to the viewfinder.

Sadly, my Atomic Frameless went for its last swim in January, and currently resides in circa 500m of water.

On the plus side, it means I have a reason to buy more gear, and would welcome any recommendations from you helpful people...

Cheers,

not much of a "raised bridge", "seats" very nicely on my face. I would reco you try it in your LDS though. I recall Pak had one before and he didn't liked it. I may be wrong (memory lapse, meds you know).

You could aways try the new technisub micromask. My Aqualung rep let me try it out. I used the black skirt version and liked the wide peripheral view it gave me (the lenses sit in the ocular orbit). extreamly low volume. It's worth a look.

Masks are so personal - what works for one person, even shooting dslr, might not work at all for another!

Black skirt is a definite...beyond that, you're going to have to try some.

I use a Tusa Liberator and have no troubles.

Mares with prescription bifocal correction. Had my optician raise the reading portion of the bifocal a bit higher than normal, and it works great for underwater DSL work and reading my UWATEC Galileo.

Good Luck!

Dan

So what was wrong with the Atomic Frameless??...No rule says you can't buy another if its working for you :)

Masks are so personal - what works for one person, even shooting dslr, might not work at all for another!

Black skirt is a definite...beyond that, you're going to have to try some.

I use a Tusa Liberator and have no troubles.

I loved that mask too, until the frame started leaking. I was in the Caymans last year, the frame stared leaking and I couldn't clear the water out....I now am using a Big-Eye and like it so far.

Back
Top Bottom