Halibut?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Those suckers are typically a bit too deep for recreational divers. I catch good ones on about 200-400 foot lines. You can find them shallower, but not very often.

Hummm? I saw a 150 plus off the dock in Ketechakan once time and there was a story about a kid with a hand line in a skiff that got a 400+...They are there but ya gotta think like a halibut to find them. They are shallow and not where you might think of looking for them. But I aint telling my secret online, I might still do my flyfishing for butts charter someday.

Can't say about everywhere; but in Cook Inlet it is common to find them in depths from about 50' to 200'. I get most of mine around 90' or so. Sizes vary by location so your first fish generally tells you what the rest are going to be.

With the cost of fuel now I wonder what the cost per pound will be for us Interior folks by the time we get down there and do a few days of fishing? Cheaper in the store? Naww...the fun has to count for something!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom