Lake Eufaula Diving? [Archive] - ScubaBoard - Scuba Diving Forum - Diving Social Network

View Full Version : Lake Eufaula Diving?

Sponsored Link
Fish Food
March 5th, 2008, 09:03 PM
I did a search on this and there seems to be some posts hinting at diving lake eufaula, but no hard info. Does anyone have any info for diving the lake? Maybe along the dam, or elsewhere...

Flightlead
March 5th, 2008, 11:03 PM
looks a bit muddy to be the couple of times I've been over/on it. come up with a good spot and I'm open to a bit of exploration though.....there's a good cat house near there too.....cat FISH house I mean :-)

Fish Food
March 6th, 2008, 12:15 AM
Hehe. Gotcha ;)

Ill hop over a scope things out if it ever stops raining. What ever happened to that "drought"?

BNow0707
March 6th, 2008, 10:36 PM
Watch out for the gators. They were gettin bad enough to where the state hosted a hunt on the lake this fall. There were fourteen gators killed, the smallest being 57 lbs the largest was 12ft long and weighed 675 lbs.:11:

The story is HERE. (http://www.wtvm.com/Global/story.asp?S=7036537&nav=menu91_3_9_8)

Keep us posted as to how the dive goes.

Fish Food
March 6th, 2008, 11:26 PM
Watch out for the gators....[/URL]

Keep us posted as to how the dive goes.

:rofl3:

Hmmm. On second thought, maybe Ill let the lake be and find somewhere else. I never did like being the guinea pig.

BNow0707
March 6th, 2008, 11:39 PM
:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Dang you figured me out LOL! Just Kidding!

Fish Food
March 6th, 2008, 11:42 PM
On second thought, what do yall think about this:

Georgia State Parks - Florence Marina State Park (http://www.gastateparks.org/info/flormarin/)

"Florence St Park... an accessible deep-water fishing pier..."

Who knows what we could find under this peer. Fishmen probably would appreciate it, heh...

EDIT:

Nevermind, that ST park is upstream in the river, not the lake.

Dang you figured me out LOL!

I knew it! ;)

BNow0707
March 6th, 2008, 11:53 PM
How deep is deep?

Wait wait, let me guess. Deep, is as deep, as deep is. Right?

Fish Food
March 7th, 2008, 12:25 AM
Yeah, somehting like that. Doesnt matter a whole lot. It's too far upstream to even have a chance of good viz.

I wonder if fishing/diving is allowed off the dam?

BNow0707
March 7th, 2008, 08:01 AM
Usually not. I if its a power generating dam its usually illegal to be within 500 feet of the dam.

giefu
July 21st, 2008, 07:10 PM
I was going to go visit my Grandparents and the closest Lake to the was Eufala and I was curious about the possiblity of diving there. I was warned about the mud and the snakes, not the gators. Thanks for the heads up. I think I will wait until I get back and go to San Diego.

Sherri

BNow0707
July 21st, 2008, 09:08 PM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0bOM6mL9NHeWh/610x.jpg

This photo shows William Simmons kneeling next to a large alligator Sunday, Aug. 26, 2007, in Headland, Ala. Simmons harvested the 12-foot, 675-pound alligator from Lake Eufaula Saturday, laying claim to the record, which had been held for a week by Stockton's John Sutton, who caught a 12-foot, 10-inch, 641-pound alligator on the Mobile-Tensaw Delta on Aug. 19, 2007.

This years season is coming around in mid-august. Be interesting to see what comes up this year, 40 permits for Lake Eufala and 125 for the Moblie-Tenesaw Delta.

Sponsored Link

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1