Thursday March 06, 2008 Weigh-in

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

colby

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
OK, It's been a while since I've been here, but I want to get myself started again (read need to get myself started again) I've left it too long, so here is my weigh-in for today.

I am starting in at 223 pounds for today, that is only a pound or two higher than my last weigh-in and about 7 pounds lighter than what I was just after Christmas. It could have something to do with the 350cm of snow, over 11.5 feet, that I have been shoveling this year, but I hope to get started back at the gym after my trip next week.

So hi to all, and let's see how you are doing this week.

HAHAHA! WE appear to have posted at the same time! I am going to repost here and just have a link to this thread in my old one since I can't delete it. :lol2:

I am not posting my weight anymore, but will post #s lost. Since 2/29, I've lost 3 pounds. Not sure if the scale needs to be replaced, but it makes me happy to see that. :D

I have been tracking my food intake online and in a notebook, counting calories and really making a concerted effort - so the loss is a nice motivating factor to keep doing it.

sarita,

That's really funny that we both posted at exactly the same time!

I remember when i started tracking food intake, that is just an amazing revelation of what I was eating wrong, and what I could do to eat better. I'm sure there is nothing wrong with your scale :wink:

Keep up the good work!

I'm back to my pre-vacation weight already so things are looking up. Shoveled the neighbors driveway as well as mine last night so I'm sure that helped. Kickboxing tonight.

I'm sure there is nothing wrong with your scale :wink: Keep up the good work!

Thanks Colby! I am amazed by how much I've learned by tracking my food intake. Trying to be better about analyzing food and writing it down before I eat it as I've had a couple of "What do you mean there are 350 calories in __________!!!" (faint) :sod: moments this week. It is definitely helpful though.

Also, I am becoming more and more aware of reading nutritional labels when in the grocery store. The thing I need to improve, however, is my vegetable intake. Since I am cutting down on sweet snacks (candy, etc), my sweet tooth wants to reach for fruit, also sweet. Trying to retrain myself to reach for other things - veggies, etc.

Joe - Congrats on getting back to your pre-vacation weight!! Keep up the good work!

OK, congrats to those who lost and are starting...

For the lurkers who don't want to say they gained... Hey! Get back on the horse and get'm next week...

This week, I stepped up the workout routine and the calories (but, less calories than the workout burned)... Result = -5 lbs this week...

Six week total = -20 lbs.

I do not expect to keep that up, but it is the beginning (again). Differences this time...

1. I started at 310 the first time, lost 79 lbs but, began to develop skin folds...

2. Gained 34 lbs back over the past year (25 of it since June), so the first 25 I expect to come off faster as it is newer weight...

3. My skin had a chance to adjust to the weight, and is no longer a factor (Yay!)

4. I am exercising less, working with some weights, and eating more calories to lose weight more sensibly

5. I have a "free" food. A food I can eat and not count the calories (Whole Strawberries, leaf lettuce and 1-medium navel orange in a day) - I know the total calories of these things is around 200 calories, but it's my way of "cheating" and still feeling good about it...

OK, I'm back at least a little bit...we shall see how I go.

I've set new goals, started making sure to aim for 9+ fruit/veg a day and drinking more water.

So far I'm hitting about 7 serves/day on the fruit/veg and 2.5 - 4L of water each day. I've also cut back on the beer a little bit.

Been trying to get out and walk or something most days, but have a long ways to go to be back on track with that.

Down 1kg (2.2lbs). I would imagine that is a higher loss than I should expect per week, but it's a nice way to start.

when did it become thursday!!!!!!!!!!

sheesh i have been so busy so thanks for the reminder!

feeling bloated and icky, the girls will understand but having alot more fruit and veggies but craving milk (strawberry oak actually) big time!!

all week before ive been reaching for something ive been trying to remember "think of your drysuit" as i havent tried it on since last winter..... gotta get stronger

my work is going to pay for a personal trainer to come to our offices for group workouts.. i might ask the team if they want a biggest loser style comp while hes here!

thanks guys... plodding along and trying to be strong!!!

My first week back and I've only lost one pound :( I guess that's better than nothing but I have been working out really hard all week. I've been working out over an hour a day, mostly cardio. Maybe it takes a while to kick in - Oh well.

Congratulations to everyone getting back on the program and to the ones that have been sticking to it.

My first week back and I've only lost one pound :( I guess that's better than nothing .

I would fully expect to only see a pound or even less per week, myself. This week for me is a bit of an aberration, I think.

I think some of it has to do with how much you have to lose to begin with and how much you convert flab to muscle...maybe the scale won't move as much but your body will look and feel better!

Of course, that assumes that you are putting in the hard work and not putting in the hard to get rid of junk food (I'm doing better at that, but still not great!)

Keep hanging in - even if there's no change in the numbers, you are STILL doing great simply because you're doing something!

Back
Top Bottom