oms or zeagle?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

csholer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
hi, after my dismal experience w/ scubal,( see "Ripped off by Scubal" post) i have decided to look into an OMS Comfort rig or a Zeagle ranger ltd. anyone have any experience with either? or both? any tips would be greatly appreciated. thanks chris

forget the zeagle question, just read a ton of posts on them, thinking about brigade, but would still appreciate any user info on oms products. chris

i have a medium brigade for sale if you're interested :p
it's a great bc.
not familiar with the oms products tho

Zeagle has been a great BC for me, my first one 15 years ago is still my main one and I had to send it back last year for some stretching of the cordura at the inflater connection point and they replaced the area and put new tank bands on and sent it back and only cost me 12 dollars shipping one way.

the zeagle's are good, strudy bc's, but i personnaly think they are a bit too "busy" in the front, i like the streamlined feel of the oms 32# wing w/ BP and harness, (if you are stuck on those brands)

my .02

Zeagle makes great stuff, you have your choice of a BC or BP/W with them. OMS' equipment I find to be decent quality, but there is a lot of problems with their customer service if you have a problem.

I am certainly biased, but in my mind this is pretty much a no brainer. Ranger Ltd versus BP/W is a personal choice (and as someone else pointed out, they have both)...so that is a question you really should decide on your own. Personally I have and dive both (although my bc is a Zeagle 911).

Zeagle's customer service is nothing less than exceptional....which is why I would give them the nod on this.

I own several Zeagles and one OMS. I had an issue years ago with a leak where the corrugated hose screwed into the bladder on a Zeagle Ranger. Customer service was excellent-fixed for no cost and speedy turnaround. I have had e-mails to OMS that were never answered. Both companies make well built gear but customer service is much beteer with Zeagle in my experience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom