posting pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scotttyd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Another dumb question for a newbie. I am trying to post pics, but mine are all larger than the 400kb allowed. What is a way to compress them so I can post (although I do want to keep a non-compressed copy for my files/printing/etc.)

Hi Scotty:

I assume you are shooting jpeg format and using a PC to process. In your photo editing software just save at a lower resolution or picture size. If you can let us know what software you use someone can probably walk you through the specific steps. There are unpteen different ways of do this.

On a PC with Photoshop CS3 it is [File] [Save for Web & Web Devices], in Elements it is [File] [Save for Web], in PaintBrush I don't believe there are sizing options, but [File] [Save As] and hit the JPG option will give you a low resolution copy.

I don't use the Microsoft shipped photo products, or the ones supplied by camera manufacturers, but another option is to download Google's Picassa, hit the [Export] command and/or resize the photo or lower the quality.

Hope this helps,

Dan

Attachments

• EUP_0094.jpg
    EUP_0094.jpg
    352.3 KB · Views: 14
  • EUP_0111.jpg
    EUP_0111.jpg
    367 KB · Views: 14
In PSP, I use the image->resize feature. 800 x 600 pixels is about what displays nicely on most screens.

Back
Top Bottom