Completed My Camera Setup - Now Seeking Advice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SFLDiver3445

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I just finished adding the final components to my setup - Here's what I put together:

* Sony Cyber-shot DSC-NI Digital Camera
* Sony MPK-NA Underwater Housing
* 2 x Inon Z-240 Strobes w/optical cables
* 2 x Inon UCL-165AD Close-up lenses
* Inon UWL-105AD Wide Angle Lens
* Inon UFL-165AD Fisheye Conversion Lens

Fortunately, I live very close to Reef Photo (Reef Photo & Video!, The Underwater Photo Pros) and they stock everything I needed. I've had most of the setup since August of last year, but I just added the second strobe and the fisheye lens. There are pictures of my complete camera setup within my gallery.

Up until now, I've basically been doing the trial and error thing and just having fun shooting pictures. Because I take a lot of pictures, once in a while, I get a few interesting shots, some of which you can view in my gallery, but I'm very inconsistent. Consequently, I'm posting this thread to seek some advice that will help me improve my shots. The kinds of advice I'm looking for is:

* General advice regarding "manual" vs. "program" modes
* Recommended aperature settings for wide angle shots
* Recommended Shutter speed settings for wide angle shots
* Recommended ISO settings (or should I just leave that on auto?)
* Recommended strobe settings (sttl vs. external auto vs. manual)

Please keep in mind that my particular camera and housing setup does not allow me to adjust my settings underwater, becuase the camera is a touch screen, so I must select the best setting and stick with it the entire dive. I plan to upgrade my camera and housing, but this is what I've got to work with for the moment.

Any advice, general or specific, would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Adrian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom