Aqulung Seaquest BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Xefe

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have a friend whos parents own a dive shop locally, we graduated the police academy together and he stated he can get me aqualung products for pennies over cost.

This is actually great since I am on a budget. Placed on a relatively short budget, what is the best BC by seaquest for the buck ?

Ive only ever used one bc prior (a dacor H.U.B integrated all in one Rear inflate BC). I understand the wrap around style is generally better anyways.

Recommendations ?

I really like my Libra, the boy version is the Balance. Great BCD, back inflate. Integrated weights. I have a little over 100 dives on mine and it still looks brand new.

I have a balance and I like it. I have used a zeagle ranger and a Tusa something before and I like the balance the best out of the 3. And before someone says it, "Get a backplate and wing"

There, that's done and it doesn't need to be said.:D

I have a Latitude and enjoy it very much. No frills, but I found that putting some weight in the pockets behind my shoulders allows me better trim and easier safety stops.

I have the SeaQuest Passport, the vest fits well & has plenty of lift for a guy my size, 6'-4", 230+ lbs.

I love the lightweight design and the way the enitre BC packs into it's own attached mesh bag, which also tucks up into the back of the vest to double as a back pad when not in use. when folded it only measures about 4"x12"x18" and is VERY light weight great for packing.

However, unless they have revamped the integrated weight system, I would spend a little more money. The system on this BC only uses velcro to hold the weights in place, the weight pouches slipped out of the BC on more than one occation and I ended up actually losing one of them completely.

this was on the first trip with the vest, and the pouches were dropping out after just 6 dives. I actually don't mind using a weight belt, have for 25 years, so I haven't bothered buying another one, but the poor design is something USD should look at.

I wrote them a letter and told them of the problem, but they said they stand by the design as if it was "operator error" that casused the loss. I actually did a ditch and dawn on one dive to re-set the pouches because they were falling out and they were coming out agian just 5 min. later.

I'll also throw in the Balance for my pick. :) Been diving mine for a year now.

If your friend can get you Aqualung stuff for cost, take a look at the Apex wing, that's pretty nice. Same company.

I have the ProQD i3 with over 30 dives and literally love it... I've gotten very comfortable with trim control in Monterey waters...

MG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom