California fem relocating to Ft Myers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

staceyp-rn

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Moving across the US from my home State of CA to Florida, specifically Ft Myers, 7/1/08. Have not ever lived in the South / though coastal living is not quite typical- at least if CA is anything like Florida.

Am looking forward to learning new dive spots and meeting new diver friend (friends I haven't met yet)\

Would love/appreciate tips and pointers of what to look for and what to look out for both underwater and on dry land, please any pointers you can provide will be heartfully appreciated.

I'll also be out from 4/17-4/23 looking for a new domiicile and meeting the new boss. Would love to bring my gear and blow a few bubbles maybe over the weekend?

Please feel free to give any and all advice, information, warnings, directions, oh and where to meet to go dive....
Stacey:dork2:

Well, an early "Welcome to Florida" then. Lots of coast, some good springs, and generally nice diving here. Except today. Kinda large waves and winds. But thats what spring dives are for.
A good overall guide would be to get a copy of the book "Underwater Florida." It's not perfect, but it give s really good overview.

I'm a Naples guy myself (about 20-30 south of Ft. Myers, or "Fo-town" as my friends call it hah). I go to college in Orlando, but I'd be happy to dive some over the summer.

Danny

P.S. I believ CBulla is a Ft. Myers guy???

There's a few Ft Myers regulars who visit the board. Welcome to our sunny shores...

Cheers.

-J.-

I just moved back to Atlanta after a couple of years in Ft Myers/Cape Coral and here's what I can tell you:
Great weather, summer's are hot, spring fall and winter are nearly perfect.
Diving opportunities are too numerous to list, but here's a few: Venice Beach is just an hour north, easy shore dive, and shark tooth central, great boat diving in the gulf from Ft Myers north to Tampa, great shore and boat diving on the East coast only 2 hours away(Ft. Lauderdale/West Palm and surrounding areas), many springs within a few hours, and of course the Keys.
And finally IMO, the best dive shop in the area Deans Dive Center Dive Shop Fort Myers Florida Scuba Diving Classes
There's lots of good people from SW Florida on this board that I'm sure will have many more great tips for you. Good luck with the move.

We're all different. I love our summers - they are perfect. Our winters are too cold. We actually have to put on wet suits in the winter - brrrrrr.

We're all different. I love our summers - they are perfect. Our winters are too cold. We actually have to put on wet suits in the winter - brrrrrr.

Gotta agree with Walter- LOVE summer. It did take me about a several months to get used to the summer April- October. Now I cannot wait to get back 90 degree days. This 70 degree stuff is for the (snow)birds.

I'll agree too. Summers are great ! I work outside all year and I'll take the heat anytime. Welcome to the area!!

Gotta agree with Walter- LOVE summer. It did take me about a several months to get used to the summer April- October. Now I cannot wait to get back 90 degree days. This 70 degree stuff is for the (snow)birds.

Amen. Who needs wetsuits?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom