Battle of BCs (Another one)

And the last BC standing isssssss .....

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaHound

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have a black diamond but you aren't getting factory warranty at leisurepro.

Tried to demo the weight release to a student in the pool. Almost broke her toe. Had to go back to the shop to learn how to re-thread it. She didn't know how to and I didn't know how to. Wont ever touch one again.

Black Diamond, doesn't that have 50 lb's of lift ? If so, seems a bit of overkill.

don O

I just think Zeagle produces a better bc.

I started out with a Sea Quest intigrated BC, and went out and bought the Ranger. I needed a rear inflate. I love the ripcord release. At first it seems like a pain, but if I am dumping my weights I don't plan on putting them right back in. So that being said, your not loosing the pouches if you dump. Besides with the 44lbs lift, when would I need to dump them. As for the construction, I looked at all the high end BC's before I bought this one. And, well Zeagle has an awsome reputation, and produces a great product, especially for a working type BC. Hands down I love my Zeagle.

Ranger is smaller, lighter, easier to pack and travel with.

Since my husband sold his SeaQuest BC last year to get a Ranger, and I dive a Zeagle BC, I'll have to vote Zeagle Ranger. I just don't see how you can beat the quality and customer service of Zeagle.

As a side note, I believe you should always know how your gear works, which means if you're diving a Zeagle BC you should know how to rethread the ripcord. When I got mine, I studied it for a couple of minutes and pulled the cord. It took me about 3 minutes to rethread it. When my husband got his Ranger, I gave him 5 minutes to look at it, then ZIP! He also only took about 3 minutes to rethread it.

Tried to demo the weight release to a student in the pool. Almost broke her toe. Had to go back to the shop to learn how to re-thread it. She didn't know how to and I didn't know how to. Wont ever touch one again.

don O

Oh come on.

How often are you going to an emergency ditch of all your weight? Never?
The beauty of the Zeagle is you can unzip and dump part of your weight. Or in the unthinkabale AT THE SURFACE you can pull the red handle and dump it all.

As to rethreading, not that big a deal. However, if I was in a situation where I had to ditch all my weight, I suspect the last thing on my mind would be rethreading the system for my next dive.

I had a weight belt dropped on my foot once.

This poll is very timely. I was just debating which of these two BC's to buy after I tried them on at my LDS last week. Looks like the Zeagle is getting good press and it seems a little more practical than the Black Diamond.

Anyone else have any pro's or con's for the Zeagle? Black Diamond?

Thanks!:coffee:

If all else was equal between the two ... price and performance ... I would go for Zeagle's legendary lifetime warranty and response to service issues. OK, I'm biased, I dive a Zeagle Brigade, but the warranty definitely played into my decision.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom