The Rabbit is hitting the springs March 24-28, hop over and say "Hi!"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ber Rabbit

Floppy Ear Mod
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey there!

This fuzzy bunny is making her annual pilgrimage to the High Springs area for winter check-out dives :D I've got 4 students and a whole herd of staff plus a couple extra divers coming this year. The tentative schedule is:
March 24: Troy Spring (schedule change, going to Manatee Springs now)
March 25: Crystal River
March 26: Alexander Springs
March 27: Devils Den
March 28: Ginnie Springs (including a night dive)

Back-up sites are Manatee Springs and Orange Sink at Peacock Springs.

Those are all week-day dives and we usually get to the sites right before the crack of dawn (to some) or at opening time (to others). I'll probably be pretty busy with a group this size since most have never been to the springs but I always look forward to a chance to meet fellow Scubaboarders! Come on out if you get a chance!
Ber :lilbunny:

i think troy is blown out
also peacock is closed to diving due to flooding

I know Troy was blown out as of 2/27 but was hoping it would clear by the end of this month. That's part of why I posted and left the schedule as tentative, to get the skinny on the sites from the locals :D Any and all information is GREATLY appreciated. None of us are cave certified so if the pool is blown out we're blown out.
Ber :lilbunny:

Last week I dove Ginnie, Manatee and Jackson Blue. Since the flow is down at Manatee, you can actually penetrate much farther swimming in at Catfish than normal. But I wouldn't plan on getting any diving in at Peacock any time soon.

Hey Ber, keep a lookout for a bunch in old double hose regs. A bunch of us (several off this board) are going to be in the area at a vintage dive meet. Current plans are to be at Alexander on the 27th and Ginnie on the 28th so our paths may well cross. Love to put a face with a name.

uh oh - - supposed to do cavern c/o's March 28-30

we were going to do Troy for 'confined water' stuff - practice wraps and tying off etc
I think we were supposed to do orange grove and peacock sat/sun.

think these will recover by then??

we were going to do Troy for 'confined water' stuff - practice wraps and tying off etc

That is very doubtful. Long timers are talking about May at the earliest. I hope they are wrong, but the Suwanee is up quite a bit. I would start making alternate plans for the end of the month as a contingency.

ginnie/manatee/jug hole are about your only options.
as I understand it at least

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom