Trip Report for the H2O Below 3/9/08

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seadoggirl

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Okay oKay Okay .... My trip report is nowhere as cute as the one from the Cat-n-Around :rofl3: but I agree the seas were rough! Here we go.

We are blessed enough to have 14 members of the Royal Air Force visiting from England this past week. The weather was not working well with them – we think it was the bananas that they insisted on bringing onto the boat. Anyway, they were able to dive the Russian Freighter on Thursday and the Pete’s Tide on Sunday. The other days they dove springs in the area.

The visibility on the Russian Freighter was around 20 feet and the water temps were high 60s. The visibility on Pete’s Tide was also around 20 feet and the water temps about the same. The rain and wind during the past week has kept the water turned up. We wanted to get them to the Oriskany on Sunday but Neptune just did not cooperate.

But they were very interesting and were very happy to just be able to get their water work done for certifications (10 Brits were students of MBT’s Josh). They were amazed to see all the AJs and the red snapper. I guess they don’t have spadefish in there area and they were having a great time trying to catch them. :rofl3:

They promised to return this summer to visit again and promised to leave the bananas behind so we will have better weather. Also a point of interest - when a group like this rents the whole boat it is a blast for everyone because they all know each other and are much more comfortable with students and pros. :mooner: If you know what I mean....

Thanks to Cookie, Donk, Tony, Anthony, Kim and all of our new British friends. Thanks to Rich for being such a great Dive Master.

Tell that sorry sucker Josh Gay to call me, I been leaving VM's for several weeks now on his cell!

I didn't know about the banana thing at all until Gary started checking his trail mix for dried banana chips, and explained why :11:

I'm give GayMan your message. They had 30 students at MBT last week. It was wild and crazy in there. No excuse for not returning your calls.

Sorry, I've been working and haven't been paying attention here. The water temp was 68.9. We all have one 3 or 5s. A couple people were dry but only a few. Bring a hood! It really makes a difference. I hate the damn things but they do work.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom