Have Boat, Need Buddies, Venice/Sw FL Area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mlynch21

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am new to the Scuba Board here and thought I would make an introduction. My name is Matt and I have a new found itch... So I have been diving the Venice area here and there for the past year or so and I am hooked again (i have been certified for 13 years but started to lose interest until i discovered fossil diving)... Finally set up my own boat to go regularly to Venice or the keys (or anywhere else for that matter); however, i need some dive buddies. I would especially like to go out with some of you folks who have experience around the Venice area. I have winged it for the past year with mostly good results and didn't have a way to save my gps coordinates but i am now ready to start mapping my favorite spots as long as i can find them again!

I have set up a 16 foot Rib that can dive 2-4 people... I have storage for 4 tanks at the moment but am upgrading my racks to hold 8. Ideally giving 4 people 2 tank dives. It would be cozy with 4 people but def doable :D but then again i am not a pleasure cruise!

So whose game? I know a lot of you frequent Venice!

I went out this weekend and decided to just speed around in the boat on the nice 4 foot swells after seeing the diving conditions. I might have dealt with the poor visibility and freezing water if i knew where i was going but finding the bone-yard in poor visibility in 65 degree water at 4 in the afternoon just seemed pointless. :lotsalove:

-Matt

You only need 4 inches of vis to find teeth. LOL. My girlfriend and I enjoy Venice. We are in the Fort Myers area, but we go up occassionally. Of course she wants to wait until the water warms up again. LOL. One of my friends on here is Sharkbaite. He has taken his boat to Venice a lot. He is probably a good source of information. PM him.

FFESTPIRATE,

I am in the Fort Myers Area as well... I will let Sharkbaite volunteer info before i start hounding people. It seems like people are hit and miss with sharing their gps numbers and locations of their spots. Personally it doesnt bother me but you never know. Thanks for the response and feel free to pm me anytime you guys head out!

I am in the Fort Myers Area as well... I will let Sharkbaite volunteer info before i start hounding people. It seems like people are hit and miss with sharing their gps numbers and locations of their spots. Personally it doesnt bother me but you never know. Thanks for the response and feel free to pm me anytime you guys head out!

I will. Please let us know as well. I will shoot Brian a pm and have him get in touch with you. It really isn't a major secret.

Welcome to the board!! I'm sure you will have no problem finding dive buddies here!

I'm in Sarasota, and dive Venice often, both from the shore and yak diving. Send me a PM when you're planning a dive...maybe we can get together.

I am new to the Scuba Board here and thought I would make an introduction. My name is Matt and I have a new found itch... So I have been diving the Venice area here and there for the past year or so and I am hooked again (i have been certified for 13 years but started to lose interest until i discovered fossil diving)... Finally set up my own boat to go regularly to Venice or the keys (or anywhere else for that matter); however, i need some dive buddies. I would especially like to go out with some of you folks who have experience around the Venice area. I have winged it for the past year with mostly good results and didn't have a way to save my gps coordinates but i am now ready to start mapping my favorite spots as long as i can find them again!

I have set up a 16 foot Rib that can dive 2-4 people... I have storage for 4 tanks at the moment but am upgrading my racks to hold 8. Ideally giving 4 people 2 tank dives. It would be cozy with 4 people but def doable :D but then again i am not a pleasure cruise!

So whose game? I know a lot of you frequent Venice!

I went out this weekend and decided to just speed around in the boat on the nice 4 foot swells after seeing the diving conditions. I might have dealt with the poor visibility and freezing water if i knew where i was going but finding the bone-yard in poor visibility in 65 degree water at 4 in the afternoon just seemed pointless. :lotsalove:

-Matt

I'm game. Keep me on your buddy list. There is a wealth of information on this board about diving Venice. People are also very generous with GPS numbers. I usually go out with Florida West Scuba but with a new baby I will be looking to hook up with others this season to do it on the cheap. I have a 9 1/2 foot Zodiac that we can use also. It sounds like yours is set up much better though. Welcome to the board.

I am definitly interested and I enjoy diving in venice. Let me know when you go I would enjoy going out.

I'm in St. Bernard parish I I'm very interested in diving Venice. i have a hand held GPS with the maps for lower louisiana so that might help. send me a message if you are game

I'm in St. Bernard parish I I'm very interested in diving Venice. i have a hand held GPS with the maps for lower louisiana so that might help. send me a message if you are game

Hmmmmmm................................I'm not sure if there is a Venice in Louisiana but, he's talking about the Venice which is located in Florida.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom