Darn, Scratched the screen protector on my Vytec

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jackknife

Reaction score
I have seen aftermarket screen protectors for the Vytec, anyone know where I can get one?

I have a source for a file that you trim to fit and just peel it off when it gets scratched up. For about the same price as a new hard plastic shield, you can get enough of this to make a half dozen or more out of this material. Just an option. I don't use it myself, but its a good option if you have a tendency to scratch your face up a lot.

Tiger Gear makes something called Tiger Skin - I use it on my BT and it works great. Takes about 5 minutes to cut,trim,apply.

Eric

I took out the small scratches in the lens of my Cobra with plexiglas cleaner/scratch remover. Got it from a motorcycle store.

I has other uses as well. Used it the other day on the speedometer cover for my truck that has a small scratch. Takes it out great with a little elbow grease.

I used some real very fine sandpaper, (lets say 1000 grit maybe more though, got it at work) just sand out the scratch and then use rubing compund after sanding, I used toothpaste after the rubbing compound to polish it up some more, as the rubbing compound will leave a haze look on the lense. It will not be crystal clear like original but once you hit the water no porblems reading computer.:brushteet

You can use the screen protectors that the sell for Palm Pilots. They are wonderful, they're cheap, they'll protect your screen from dings and dents, and they last a while if you don't abuse your screen. Just plot one on, cut it down with something sharp, and make sure you have no trapped air bubbles and you're good to go.

You can order replacement screen protectors from Suunto. The outer cover comes off the Vytec easily. Take plexiglas cleaner and polish out the scratches, they come out pretty quick. The plex cleaner will make it look like new, unless the protector is really thrashed.

I would definitely recommend that you go with the soft, flexible cover over the plastic scratch guard... THe soft ones can take more of a beating than the plastic ones... But, the covers from SUUNTO only cost like $5... You can probably get alot of those soft flexible covers for $5... You decide...

I did get the Scratch remover liquid, works great.. Also got 2 extra factory plastic screen protectors. I'm happy again. Yah!!!:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom