mission accomplished

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mushroom

Reaction score
I DID IT!!!! This was how it go

It was a 5 days trip to similan island on MV Viking.

On the second night we hold a meeting with everybody on board and let them know what happen while she was having her Thai massage.

She was told the next day at the briefing that at this dive site, we are expecting to see manta and the best way to see them is to form a big circle and hovering at around 10 meters (just above the reef) and she actually believed so.

So we all went under to 10 meter (around 20 people). I started to get her out to to middle of the circle and she has no ideas what the is going on. I pulled out a slate from my BCD and wrote the message "Will you marry me?" and within 0.5 second she started nodding. She didn't cry (She told me later that she almost did). Instead, it was the other girl watching that was crying and got her mask full of fog. Then I ask her to gvie me a written confirmation and she wrote back "Yes" on the slate.

I then took out the O ring I hided in my camera hosuing and put it on her finger. The owner of Viking then handed me a bottle of white wine and glass. We opened the wine and trying to DRINK the wine from the bottle and found out that there is no way to "drink and dive".

Then everbody start coming out to the circle to cheer us. Aftering the greeting, me and her, hand together. continued to go for what she later said, the most romantic dive in her life.

All alcohol that night were on the house and the owner even invited us for a free trip when we are actually married.

It was quite an experience and for those of you who are not married yet. Think about that.

* I would like to thank those who have given me advises and those who are there, under water.

I am now planning for my underwater wedding......

Dicgo

Congratulations. Let us know how the wedding goes.

Congratulations

I hope you find as much happiness in marriage as I have.
20 year honeymoon this year.
Just remember the rules and things will be all right.

1: The wife is always right.
2: Refer to rule 1
3: ALWAYS get a kiss good night, even if your fighting.

couldn't agree more with the wife to be: totally romantic :D
let us know about the wedding plans... :)

p.s. and listen to divedude! very good advises :D

Congratulations.

I wish you a long and happy life together.

Chad

There goes chad gettin all sappy and mushy on us again....

Anyway...congrats on your engagement....I only hope I have the gonads to try something like that someday in front of others...dive dive dive....

Way to go!! :1st:

That's one memory that you'll both cherish for years to come. Most women like something you've put thought into, not just another gift. This was definity something she will remember!
Wonder how long she'll hold onto that o-ring?

Good job, all the best.

DiveDude is right-on........

When wifey is happy.......the house is happy...........:bonk:

What a great way to start...that must have been some surprise. I would have liked to have been in on the dive planning; that would have been fun.

Enjoy a long and prosperous, adventurous life together.

SeaRat

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom