seadoo GTI maintenance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chatfouz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
anyone ever worked on one?
i just got this thing used. and it worked great last week. today i test it to go dive and it wont run. i figure its because i left the battery plugged in all week it went dead. recharched the battery and it still wont run. seadoo was completely useless and said to pay 90$ for a diognostic + fix it fee. anyone have expereince fixing one or am i best of selling it for a 100$ and hope someone wants to mess with the extra 100$ to get it fixed. it still would be a scooter near 300$ than a new one...

Hi Chatfouz.

I hate to bust bubbles but take a look at the thread below.
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/dive-propulsion-vehicles/218362-quality-dpv-budget.html

You can find a new GTI on sale for close to $300 but more normally in the $350.00 range.

With Seadoo charging $90.00 just to check it and a repair fee on top you’re almost better off buying something else. Add shipping on top of that and it is a very expensive repair for a pool toy at best.

One of the LSD’s here locally has a couple of them that froze up after being used and sitting in the shop for a few days. The other models seem to be OK but that blue thing needs to stay in the pool or bathtub.

Good luck with it. Remember if it sounds to good to be true it’s more than likely not that good of a deal. Proceed with caution on your next DPV purchase.

How much can these things cost Seadoo if they retail for the mid. $300.00 range?

Gary D.

idont know. i paid 200$. it worked jsut fine. took it on a dive or two. then one morning the thing just didnt turn on or run or anything. i get that it was a bad choice. its just i hate to see all 200$ just be thrown away. i cant even figure out how to open the bloody thing to try to fix it myself. honestly it cant be that complicated. unless its a circuit board or something. but even then i could order the part from seadoo and bypass that 90$ diagnostic fee... i'd be happy if i sold it or traded it for a dive light at this point. im sure there are some people who like to play with this electrical mess or can figure out machines, i am not one of them. i looked online and i only see these still sold for 500$.

idont know. i paid 200$. it worked jsut fine. took it on a dive or two. then one morning the thing just didnt turn on or run or anything. i get that it was a bad choice. its just i hate to see all 200$ just be thrown away. i cant even figure out how to open the bloody thing to try to fix it myself. honestly it cant be that complicated. unless its a circuit board or something. but even then i could order the part from seadoo and bypass that 90$ diagnostic fee... i'd be happy if i sold it or traded it for a dive light at this point. im sure there are some people who like to play with this electrical mess or can figure out machines, i am not one of them. i looked online and i only see these still sold for 500$.

Check here for Seadoo Seascooter Parts: Sea scooter,seadoo seascooter,water scooter,seascooter,seadoo water scooter

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom