American eels

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fyshebait

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Here is a video clip I shot last summer of a couple of American eels in Prince Edward Island. These are one of my favorite animals to see in our area. We were doing some work on a mussel lease, and at the end of the day I just grabbed my camera to shoot a few minutes of video and use up some of my air (can't end the day with a 3/4 full tank!) This was some very lucky footage...we see these eels all the time, but it's extremely difficult to get close...they generally bolt as soon as they see a diver. I don't know if it was the light on the camera that attracted them, but I was very excited about this clip!

ScubaBoard Gallery - American eels - PEI July 2008 - Powered by PhotoPost

Hey, Fyshebait, that's a great clip! They certainly were curious about you!

That's pretty cool.. So I am guessing you don't see pout or wolffish out that way??

So I am guessing you don't see pout or wolffish out that way??

I actually have a clip of pout from this past August...I'll try to post it in a couple of weeks (I'm heading to Mexico tomorrow, so it will have to wait until I get back!).

I've been diving on PEI for almost 15 years, and had never seen one before, then we went out diving just off the north shore, and saw two on the same dive. Very cool looking, and very different from anything else we see here.

I've never seen wolffish myself, but they are supposed to live in the area.

Very cool. I love eels too. They're kinda cute, and smart.

Great footage!

Back
Top Bottom