It's Thursday again - 3/13 weigh in!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NancyLynn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Finally, some movement!

I'm down 3 lbs from last Thursday. 6 lbs from being in the 5 lb weight range I intend to maintain.

Goal: 50 lbs
Starting date: Oct 1
Total loss to date: 39 lbs

I am now in the "normal" weight range for my height. Better yet, I fit into all of my before-weight-gain clothes, except for two outfits.:colouredsmilies:

Wow, Nancy! I've been out of these threads for a while- I'm in awe of your accomplishment!

My ideal weight: 143
My weight today: 160 (162 yesterday... but today is weigh in day!)

The extra weight came mostly since the end of January- I'll bet I put on 10 lbs of that in that time frame. I've just been eating A LOT and sitting around mostly.

My plans:
1. quit eating junk food and dessert- I've banned ice cream in favor of sherbet- still sugar but none of that fat... I resisted the chocolate cake last night...
2. walk more- I'm walking the dog. My current location limits me as to my options for now.
3. smaller portions- I'm eating less than I want to which is still more than I need. Just paying attention more now that the scale shocked me into action!

I don't want to think about it. It's been like that for 2 weeks.ARRGHH

I am up slighty from last week, but had a bit of a free for all one day and have been doing weights, so I know some is muscle. +1/2 pound this week. :(

OK...

This week, I am down 2 lbs... Seven week total = -22 lbs...

My body took this past week and repositioned weight around the body...

Since starting seven weeks ago...

Lost
.5" in the neck
2" in the chest
2.5" in the waist
.75" in the bicep
1.5" in the hips
.75" in the thigh

Gained
.25" in the calf

Sometimes you have to look at the weight loss, and sometimes you have to look at the measurements...

Gongrats to everyone... just for being here, and deciding something needs to be done... Keep going!

Wow, Nancy! I've been out of these threads for a while- I'm in awe of your accomplishment!

Actually - losing the weight is the easy part for me (once I put my mind to it). The hard part is when I can eat just enough more to maintain (which generally includes some craving-triggers) but have to keep from eating enough to gain.

My plans:
1. quit eating junk food and dessert- I've banned ice cream in favor of sherbet- still sugar but none of that fat... I resisted the chocolate cake last night...
2. walk more- I'm walking the dog. My current location limits me as to my options for now.
3. smaller portions- I'm eating less than I want to which is still more than I need. Just paying attention more now that the scale shocked me into action!

The keys for me seem to be to get foods which trigger cravings out of my system (for me that is sugar and fats), and to be able to eat large enough quantities of low calorie foods (large salads, big bowls of veggies, bags of 15 calorie/cup popcorn) early in the loss phase to trick my stomach into thinking it is still eating lots of calories.

I find that keeping foods that trigger cravings OUT OF THE HOUSE reduces my urges...
Me too. It's not that I can't have them or that I am going to worry about feeling bad if I do, but if I want them, I have to work for them. So I keep nothing in the house that I have to think about consequences for :)

If I want those chips, pop, chocolate blah blah blah I have to WALK down to the supermarket to get them. When I am in a place where walking to the shop isn't feasible, I have to park as far away as possible, walk in and do at least one whole lap of the store before buying whatever it is I want. Not only do I find that this reduces what I actually intake, but it gets me moving and makes me think about things instead of doing the mindless grazing that is so appealing!

Unfortunately, my husband tends to buy Doritos and Oreos. Grrr.
You gotta have a serious talk with this boy. That is sabotage, whether he (or you) admit it or not.

I go back and forth with my hubby on things like this. Sometimes I feel it doesn't matter what he brings home, I'm able to make clear choices. But when I'm feeling like I won't make clear choices, I tell him that he simply can't do it. It took a while for him to "get" it, but more often than not now, he's supportive-ish.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom