Not an UW photo, but one from Phuket that won a prize, And an underwater one

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fairybasslet

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
from Bonaire..

I went to Thailand in 2006 with a bunch of friends and we did the Mermaid II liveaboard out of Phuket. Took this photo while exploring Patong.

I had entered this photo in one of my camera club's competitions and it won a Merit Award. The competition chairman in turn entered it in a NJ state-wide photo contest in the "Travel" category. There were 10 camera clubs that submitted entries. There were 3 judges and out of 203 entries, there were 36 that placed. This photo won an Honorable Mention. I didn't even know it had been entered. Imagine my surprise when the competition chair handed me a blue ribbon at the meeting the other night. LOL.
He said he entered the second one too, but it got disqualified for some reason. But in my camera club's competition, it also won an Merit Award for Nature.
Homeless in Phuket
HomelessinPhuket.jpg

Bonaire Fish
GoawayYourebotheringme.jpg

Back
Top Bottom