BCD Sizing - with or without drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sailgene

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Help!

I'm upgrading to an integrated weight BC and would like to purchase one on-line. The sizing charts are great but does anyone know if they are based on measurements with or without a suit (dry or wet) being worn? With my drysuit and undergarmet, my measurements seem to slide just over the edge from medium to large.

Thanks for any advice.

Gene Darby
Bremerton, WA

Sizes vary from mfg to mfg

I wear a medium Mares Kaila - a Small Scubapro pilot and a ML scubapro LadyHawk.

Depending on the thickness of your suit, if your BC is close to not fitting without a wetsuit or drysuit then it maybe too small with it. If you could try what you want on before buying that would be your best bet.

Also just an FYI - and this isn't a rule but rather a suggestion I got from my cavern/cave instructor. He recommended that I get a BP/W if I ever were to decide to go dry rather than get a BC.

You may not want to hear this, but this is where a good LDS can be your friend. You can go in, try it on, ask questions, and once you are happy walk out with the BC in hand and not wait for shipping.

Just don't be a nudge and use the local guy as a fitting room and then buy online. Sure, buying online saves a couple of bucks, but you don't get to try it on, nor do you get immediate delivery.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom