Wobasso Beach conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SoggyPretzel

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone near Wabasso or Sebastain that can give an update on conditions? Has the water started to clear up yet?

I passed by Wabasso this morning...It looked dirty...My son and went on down to Pepper Park...visibility was outstanding, 40 to 50ft. Water temp is a bit nippy, 69d

Joe

Anyone near Wabasso or Sebastain that can give an update on conditions? Has the water started to clear up yet?

I went out Sebastian on Saturday. The water was green in the area of the inlet... We went out to the 90' reefs, and the water was extremely clear down to 50 ft, then we hit a thermocline and sea snot... Water temp at the surface was 71 and 62 at 85 ft with maybe 10' viz.

Thanks for the updates, ended up driving down to Lanatna to dive on the Starfish. Turned out to be the right decision. I see we are in for a big swell this week, so I guess the beach diving will have to wait a bit longer.

Scuba Dad- do you have experience diving out of Canaveral? I am looking for a boat to pair up with on a few dives to get some experience there this summer.

Thanks for the updates, ended up driving down to Lanatna to dive on the Starfish. Turned out to be the right decision. I see we are in for a big swell this week, so I guess the beach diving will have to wait a bit longer.

Scuba Dad- do you have experience diving out of Canaveral? I am looking for a boat to pair up with on a few dives to get some experience there this summer.

Diving with Capt Craig is always fun. He runs a good boat.

I don't know of any charters going out of Port Canaveral.

Al

There are charters out of the Port

Joe

I agree with you about Craig, he runs a good boat, and Linda is just amazing. We did the Delray ledges, my favorite dive down there. We stayed in the inside (65ft.) ledge because the current onthe outside was really ripping.

Sorry for the confusion in my post, I have my own boat that I keep at the Port. I've been fishing out of Port Canaveral for all of my life but I have yet to have a sucessful dive there. I am lookng for someone with their own boat who has experience in that part of the ocean to show me the details. Things like how to deal with he current, finding clean water, etc.

Cuda- there are a few charters at the port who will do a dive trip or a dive/fishing trip, but the one I have experience with I would never recommend.

I don't know anyone with their own boat going out of Port Canaveral. I've heard Pelican Flats mentioned several times, but I don't have a clue where that's at.

When I lived in Cocoa Beach back in the early 80's, I dove with a charter in the port... we went to a wreck called City of Vera Cruz. It was an interesting dive... the viz was great that day.

The friend I went out with last weekend said he goes out of Sebastion and searches for new spots during June/July... He'll find a ledge... drop a diver... check it out... log the site.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom