Marathon Dive Charters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

squidster

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
My wife and i will be diving in marathon and maybe lower keys .
I am Advanced but she is just getting back into diving.
we need a charter ,that will mostly be diving reefs not wrecks.
Any suggestions?

Abyss................................ 305 743-2126
Deep Blue Dive ....................305 743-2421
Captain Hooks..................... 305 743-2444
Tildens.............................. 305 743-7255

We dove with Abyss in October. They were great.

The run a big boat for 6/8 pack op at 30'+ in length. For your needs they are perfect and they dock right behind the Holiday Inn. They are super stict, checking our Nitrox certs even when bringing our own tanks.

Went with Captain Hooks until there were some personnel changes a few years ago. On one day, we acquired another diver from Abyss because Abyss wouldn't go out with only 1 diver. However, liked Tilden's organization--seemed newer and well put together. Also, they tended to go more southerly (to the Sombrero Light area), rather than straight out, like Captain Hooks did. Reefs not in such good shape straight out; Sombrero is part of the marine park.

Does anyone know if these places work with independent divers only, or do they work w/ dive shops at bringing in groups?

Any info would be great

Abyss gets my vote!

But they are no longer docked at the Holiday Inn.

They do have a great comfortable boat. A dry forward area to get out of the sun and the rear wet area for gearing and going! Limit is 6 pax and they will do whatever you want. We only wanted relaxing reefs and thats what we got. Two different trips there were the shops staff on their day off who let us just follow them around.

The Bonefish Bay Cottages they are affiliated with now is without a doubt 'keys cozy' but what was nice is there was no rush to check out before a morning dive the day we departed so time to clean up and load up after diving.

Call the dive shop directly and deal with them for everything. They are likely very accomidiating and would be great for a small group. They even offered to order in lunch from the sub shop for us to have between trips. Picnic bench under cheekie hut right on the dock. Oh and for multiple diving days they take your gear right from you at the boat to hang up and have it back on board for your next dive.

I'll be going back to dive with them no question.
AbyssDive

Being an Upper Keys diver primarily, I only get down further South once a year or so. Thanks for letting me know they moved.

Abyss gets my vote!

But they are no longer docked at the Holiday Inn.

The Bonefish Bay Cottages they are affiliated with now is without a doubt 'keys cozy' but what was nice is there was no rush to check out before a morning dive the day we departed so time to clean up and load up after diving.

I'll be going back to dive with them no question.
AbyssDive

Does anyone know if these places work with independent divers only, or do they work w/ dive shops at bringing in groups?

Any info would be great

I know Tilden's will take care of you even if there is an odd number on the boat. My daughter and I did our first dives with them last year after getting certified and we had a woman join us on one trip since she was the only person who came solo and made for an odd number of divers. We have a trip planned with them in June--bringing a friend so he'll be the odd man :wink: unless someone needs a buddy when we go out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom