Rodales rants

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

joens

Contributor
Reaction score
I just happened to see the Dec 02 issue of rodales .I am especially put out with the "how to" article on deco diving in particular the diagram of a "properly equipped " diver on page 36
I dont know weather to get mad or laugh. the article and picture would be very funny in the scuba humour section . But Rodales is going to get someone killed .
Joens

joens once bubbled...
I just happened to see the Dec 02 issue of rodales .I am especially put out with the "how to" article on deco diving in particular the diagram of a "properly equipped " diver on page 36
I dont know weather to get mad or laugh. the article and picture would be very funny in the scuba humour section . But Rodales is going to get someone killed .
Joens

If you look at the other pictures in the rag you will see that they don't have a clue what a properly equiped recreational diver looks like. Just go through and count the dangling alternates and gauges. In my shop we are putting together a "Don't Do it Like This Wall" made up entirely of pictures cut out of magazines.

MikeFerrara once bubbled...

If you look at the other pictures in the rag you will see that they don't have a clue what a properly equiped recreational diver looks like. Just go through and count the dangling alternates and gauges. In my shop we are putting together a "Don't Do it Like This Wall" made up entirely of pictures cut out of magazines.
that is very funny .I would love to see that.

If you can get a photo of that please post it!

what a good Idea.... I have a couple form DIVER that I show my students - one is the Tech Director for BSAC looking like a Tree on Dec24th....

Willer

MikeFerrara once bubbled...

Yo can make a 'Do it like this' wall as well...

You could start with the 'infamous' skin diver magazine cover girl. :bonk:

joens once bubbled...
Joens

Can you describe it? We don't get Rodales over here....

R..

I too have noticed the divers in the magazine pictures with all their dangling equipment. I know when I went through OW certification my instructors stressed how important it is not to have dangling equipment. Sport Diver is covered with pics of divers with dangling equipment.

We've even found a couple of pictures of divers that didn't have their bc inflat hose hooked up.

Back
Top Bottom