Storage for Photos?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the_cat_keeper

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm going to be travelling for quite a while, and want to get an external storage to store the photos that I'd be taking. I do not want to carry a PC/ laptop with me and so would need a something which I can download photos just via a USB cable.

So far the only storage I found is the Creative Zen Vision M. I'd like to know if there is any other options out there.

Thanks in advance for responding!

Best Fishes!
Cat.

Lots of options out there! Here's a link to BH's list of stand alone data storage.

Gigavu, Photo Safe, Epson...something for every budget and for every size :)

If you don't want to review your images (which kinda defeats the main benefit of digital shooting imho), there are tons of portable hard drives for next to nothing.

I got one of these....quite happy with it.

VOSONIC VP8390

Look around. You may find cheaper. Its got a screen, can preview RAW files, etc. You wont need a cable. Photos can be downloaded just by inserting the card into the PMP.

I bought this but for $20 more I could have gotten the 80GB. Only tested it, haven't actually used it on a trip yet but seems quite easy to use.

I spend long periods of time on some trips. I have used CD burners (too little storage on CD's and DVD burners are just too big), A Flasktrax 80 gig (works great but not enough storage for long trips), and I now carry a simpletec 250 gig portable harddrive. It will need to be powered by a computer, but most boats I go on have one available. I will have some redundancy, for safety.

Do you have an Ipod video? For $20 I got a USB hook-up and it will download my photos to my Ipod. 80GB of storage plus my 4 GB cards works for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom