Need Child's BC, Recommendations or Used

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used an xtra small one for my son. He WAS also small and skinny. I had to use some heavy fish line and sewn the cumberbund smaller to fit him better. I also added a chest buckle to keep it more stable.

Check North east diver supply - as I recalled, they had some used child sized BC's for cheap. Make sure that you pressurize it and check it for leaks. The sad part about child sized BC's is they will outgrow it in a year or two. Your LDS might have the same problem finding a BC that will fit her.

Its Scuba diving lessons, scuba diving gear equipment, technical diving gear equipment, oms Then click on used equipments.

BC's

Kids/Junior

Oceanic Explorers $149.99 Reduced to $119.99

Kids BC, Good Shape

Sizes 8 – 12, 10 – 14

Hi,

I'm looking for a BC to fit my daughter. She's small, 56", 69 pounds. Any recommendations? Anyone have a used unit?

Thanks!

I typically do not recommend BCs because there are so many variables. What I can say though is that when I was doing the same thing for my daughter who at the time of certification was 12, was find a BC that was adjustable.

Knowing how quickly kids change and young girls at that, we ended up with a zeagle product. As I mentioned, adjustability is key. While I did not look exactly at a back plate and wing, looking at my brother in laws set up I'm willing to bet those would actually be better.

Anyway - something to think about - which I'm sure you are already aware of. Have a good day.

Give Tobin at DeepSeaSupply a call; I'm sure he'd be more than willing to work with you. He has different size backplates for different size people.

While I did not look exactly at a back plate and wing, looking at my brother in laws set up I'm willing to bet those would actually be better.

Anyway - something to think about - which I'm sure you are already aware of. Have a good day.

I would agree with saf1. Having dived with a wing and BP for the past 2.5 years, I am putting my daughter in one now that she has outgrown her BC. Had I been diving with this 4 years ago when she learned to dive, I would have set her up in one then. Advantages would be growing into the harness as she grows. I would think you could find a wing that would be a good fit for several years. Also, there will be less bulk on her chest to interfer, distract, or bother her.

Meanwhile, I hope you enjoy diving with your daughter as much as I have with mine.

When my son was 10 and in SCUBA Rangers I got him a Zeagle Ranger JR. Now that he has out grown it, my wife uses it. It is much more streamlined than the rugular Zeigle Ranger and it served him him well. You might also want to consider the Dive Rite program for kids. They will replace the harness with a larger size within 5 years for I think $100.00.

I have known some people to get the zeagle for their kids and when the outgrow it you can just replace the parts that they have outgrown ie shoulder straps, cumberbun it will grow with them and they make a nice product it might be better then buying one thats not adjustable that will last a year than have to get another the following year. the BP/W might work also don't know much about how the sizes would work with kids.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom