Poseidon Beasea Buoyancy Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I just bought a Poseidon Beasea harness W50. I bought it for it's tough construction versatility, and comfort. I used it today for the fist time in the Ocean off of West Palm Beach Florida and it was much different than my 7 year old SP Superhawk. It felt like it had more positive buoyancy and took some effort to descend initially, whereas I never did before. I used the usual 10 pounds with my 3mil full suit for this time of year and it was a bit annoying to drop down. However, when at 85 ft, it seemed pretty easy to get neutral and stabilize. The harness has a bit more padding in the lumbar and back. I guess it has more positive buoyancy near the surface and when I get to depth, the padding compresses, it levels out. I assume this, because it seem to loosen up at depth. I don't want to stuff any more weight in the ditchable side packs(integrated), so has anyone had experience with the SS backplate, apparently available. I guess it weighs about 6 lbs. With that, and a couple more weights, it should be more mangeble right?

Has anyone experienced this with a W50 or am I just getting used to a new system?

The backplate is the ticket, although a little pricey. It can be a little confusing to attach to harness. If you get one and have trouble with it, just pm me and I will walk you through how to install it. Don't forget to order the mount kit with the backplate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom