your advice please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

upcpaul

Reaction score
hey I just start class for aow they say I need a nitrox computer I have a sunntoe favor air only. I have looked at three computers
1 the viper
2 the aiers savant
3 dive rite nitek 1

I know they call for recall on aries but in all in all do these computers funtion the same. I know there are lots of computers but I want to support my dive shop.

I would suggest the Viper mainly for the fact that you already have a Favor, so you are used to Suunto's layout. The Viper is a quality computer and you can't go wrong with it.

Thomas

madmole once bubbled...
Since when has AOW needed ANY computer, let alone a Nitrox one?????

I'm with madmole on this one. Upcpaul, who is "they" and what was their reasoning behind that statement? Did you plan on taking the EAN specialty course?

Never heard of any AOW course that requires a Nitrox computer. Can't imagine why you would need one, you're not diving Nitrox, are you?
Maybe your LDS trying to pull a fast one and make a sale? I'd definitely question them on the subject !

That aside, Nitrox is a good thing you might well pursue sometime down the road. Of the computers mentioned, I like the Vyper the best. Or consider a Uwatec Smart Pro, another good wrist computer with EAN capability.

But before you run out to get a new computer, make sure there's a good reason for it. I can't see one. :rolleyes:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom