Question for Stiletto users

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrlipis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I ordered a stilleto from my LDS because they did not have the size I needed. I have tried one on but have yet to get wet with it. I am curious about the integrated weight pockets. It seems that if you throw a 5# weight in each pocket, the weights would have a tendency to move around in the pockets. How accurate is my assessment? What is the solution if this is the case. Thanks for your help.

Bruce

Bruce,
The yellow mesh bags that fit into the weight pockets help keep the weights from moving around. If you just throw a 4 lb bag into each pocket, they will move around. So, go ahead and get the yellow weight pocket bags!

Thanks, I am going to assume that these yellow mesh bags do not come with the BC and will cost extra. God bless capitalism.

Bruce

Thanks, I am going to assume that these yellow mesh bags do not come with the BC and will cost extra. God bless capitalism.

Bruce

They do, but nothing to break the bank in all honesty. If you didn't order them and are planning a dive here shortly, you can use a zip loc bag if you want. I have the Ranger and actually made my own holding container.

I have used both the bean bag and lead coated weights. Both worked fine. I also have the trim weight pouches on the back - but I ordered those at the same time as the bc.

Hope this helps. Of course, your mileage may vary :D

I have used both the bean bag and lead coated weights. Both worked fine. I also have the trim weight pouches on the back - but I ordered those at the same time as the bc.

I assumed those came with the BC. The rear trim pouches that is. I really liked the location of those trim pockets and they were on the BC that I tried on. I am expecting it to arrive this week and I have 9 day trip planned the following week so hopefully I can get a pool dive in prior to leaving.

How is a zip lock bag going to work? What's to keep it from sliding around?

Bruce

How is a zip lock bag going to work? What's to keep it from sliding around?

Bruce

The bag held them snug side by side and then I just put it in the bc. I folded over the bag if that makes sense and then just put it in the bc. I have also heard of people using nylons - go figure.

Ask your LDS if they'll include the weight pouches at no charge, mine did.

I use the yellow mesh bags to hold the shot bag weights, if I use cast lead weights I just drop them in and I don't feel them shifting around. I only drop a few pounds of weight in each rear trim pockets when I go from my aluminum tank to my steel tank.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom