Oxycheq Mach V and Hollis STA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubastud16

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just wanted to let everyone know that the Hollis STA will NOT fit with the Oxycheq Mach V wings. Just bought one yesterday and tried it out tonight, kind of upset. Just letting everyone know!

Danny

Do you have a link to the STA? Is it the tyupical STA with holes for bolting to the plate? Can't imagine they would be anything but 11 " OC.
If Nick designed a propriatary system, he ****ed up.

Just looked at the Hollis site. All looks kosher. Did note that the center panel on the Hollis singles wing is much wider than the Mach V. Is that causing a problem? I'd love to see a pic.
I've had 2 Mach V's mounted on Dive Rite and hammerhead plates. Never encountered a STA they did not love.

I also looked on the Hollis site. Could not find the STA, but you're right Splitlip, the center panel of the Hollis single wing looks wider. Is the STA also wider? A pic or some specifics would go a long way to helping us understand the issue.

Thanks for the heads-up!!

It's on a Dive Rite plate, and it fits great. I just stretched the wholes out by pulling on it, and it went with a little effort. It seems like the holes may be about 10.5'' apart, not the traditional 11''. I measured the STA before I bought it, 11'' centers.

Edit: I've read elsewhere that Mach V's have a much smaller center panel than other wings, that doesn't seem to be affecting it.

Oh.. a soft STA?

I stretched the wing out so that the studs on the STA would fit into the grommets.

Edit: Hard STA

No problem with the studs lining up with the plate?
Never mind, Just answered my own question.The lower hole on the diverite plate is a slot.
Well, glad it worked out.

It's on a Dive Rite plate, and it fits great. I just stretched the wholes out by pulling on it, and it went with a little effort. It seems like the holes may be about 10.5'' apart, not the traditional 11''. I measured the STA before I bought it, 11'' centers.

Edit: I've read elsewhere that Mach V's have a much smaller center panel than other wings, that doesn't seem to be affecting it.

Hi Danny,

Glad to see everything worked out. I cant speak for other manufacturers but generally the standard is 11" on center. The Hollis wings, HTS harness and single tank adapaters follow this.

Thanks,

Nick, I made sure the STA had 11'' centers. I just wanted to make sure everyone knew that it was a tight fit. No trash-talk about Hollis stuff!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom