Where in the world is Ricky Murchison?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tom Smedley

Tommy
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Rumor has it that Ricky, his lovely child bride Kat, and two of their daughters were spotted getting off an airplane somewhere in the Southern Caribbean.

Where in the world is Ricky Murchison??

2293387WP3150032.JPG

That looks like a Delta 737-800 at Flamingo Airport.

I would hate him even more except that I took the picture from the departure lounge and climbed on the same plane 30 minutes later. I would have stayed the extra week with them but didn't have the vacation time.

Don't we hate him ?:wink:

You guys are spoiled now. I think Ricks words to me were a week of MAX RELAX!! Hope to join you next time.

That looks like a Delta 737-800 at Flamingo Airport.

nope.... that plane sits WAY too high for a 737-800 series.

Notice the ford pickup truck under the fron of it? no way that would fit under a 737.

It's most likely a 767. Possibly a 757 with the lmiited frame of the plane shown, but my money is stil on a 767. (You'd need a wider fuseluge shot to see if it was the 75 or a shot of the underbelly under the wings. The 75 has a thicker underbelly area where the wings meet the body. This view is blocked by the stairway)

like this one (767)

spiritrj.jpg

However, I don't know if Delta is flying anything as big into Bonaire as a 767. So that would make that a 757 in the pic. :)

here's a 737-800 series for comparison.

For reference purposes. Look at the ground crew member at the front of the 737. he'd have to duck to walk under it. On the above 767 (or 757), he could walk under it w/o ducking. Much higher ground clearance.

Delta%20737%20Air%20Shuttle.jpg

From the seating chart it was a 757-200. They were running a smaller plane and it was sold out way back in November. Then sometime in December they sent me a correction to my ticket that changed my seats and added more spaces. I think I heard one of the folks at the Bonaire airport say that they changed to a bigger plane. The Wednesday flight, however, has been cancelled because they couldn't get enough bookings. The flight down had empty seats but the one coming back was entirely full.

The Wednesday flight starts again in June according to Delta.

Seeing how Delta has litttle competition direct out of ATL, their ticket prices show it.... empty seats might cause this flight to be cancelled again.

Seeing how Delta has litttle competition direct out of ATL, their ticket prices show it....

I checked Delta fares several times a day for three days before booking at $473.80 PP.
An hour before and two hours later the same flight was $978.80 PP.

This is ridiculous.
I can't sneak off anywhere any more!
After I got off the plane, standing in line for customs & immigration, a fellow in the next line says "Hey Rick, how are you?"
Daughter Cary says "I knew it... I knew it'd happen!"
Sheeeesh...
(Had it been Smedley, the fellow would have said "Hey Tom..." - it was Forest Phillips)
Rick
Rumor has it that Ricky, his lovely child bride Kat, and two of their daughters were spotted getting off an airplane somewhere in the Southern Caribbean.

Where in the world is Ricky Murchison??

2293387WP3150032.JPG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom