BP - Which crotch strap is more comfortable?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BLD_THRST

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Guys,

Need yr advise.... Which is more comfortable, a 2-inch single crotch strap or the saddle-type?

I have mixed opinions on both... any feedback from those who have used either set-up?

I use a 2-inch single crotch strap with my BP/W set-up. I don't even notice it both on land or UW. BTW, I use mainly a Mares 1.5mm wet suit.

It shouldn't be so tight that you really feel it. I dive a 2 inch and can't say I even notice it.

i have only used a 2 inch croch strap, but i have tried a very stiff 2 inch strap (not comfortable) and a soft 2 inch strap (very nice!). never seen a saddle type crotch strap. pics?

My crotch strap is made out of 2" seatbelt webbing. I had my wife do a bit of sewing, and it's tight, or loose, or... well it works! I think it ran me a couple of bucks!

The only bad thing about a crotch strap is the annoying tendency to forget to attach it! I need to get one on my Zeagle Stiletto. I have become attached to my crotch strap so to speak!

I have the Dive Rite 2". It has about 8" of thin padding in the crotch area - see DR site. It was about $13 on sale. It is comfortable, but I have never tried anything else.

I use a 2" thats stiff just like the rest of the webbing.

Can't say ive ever noticed any discomfort at all in anything from 3mm shortie to drysuit.

My crotch strap is made out of 2" seatbelt webbing. I had my wife do a bit of sewing, and it's tight, or loose, or... well it works! I think it ran me a couple of bucks!

I have the Dive Rite 2". It has about 8" of thin padding in the crotch area - see DR site. It was about $13 on sale.

I have DIYed a crotch strap once, but as cmburch said, DR one is pretty cheap concerning the material and time cost on DIY project.

BTW, is there a lot of difference between 1" and 2" straps? Can you notice a difference in UW?

Thanks in advance,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom