Looking Lake Juliette, GA divesite maps?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Saltwater Junky

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've come across a few old threads re: Lake Juliette, but no info on the sites themselves. Does anyone have maps of the dive sites?

pistos kai philos

Well, I don't think there are any "dive sites" per se . . . . but just areas that people dive.

the K

I'm not familiar with this lake or any GA lakes. But we have been using topographic fishing maps that can be purchased at walmart for about $6-8 bucks. The maps show submerged buildings/foundations, culverts, bridges, roads, ponds, and any other "structure" for fishing. And if its good for fishing then its gotta be better than looking at mud on the bottom.

I found these online.

Lakes Juilette and Jackson-$8.70

Also you might try asking here.

I'll check into the fishing maps. They seem promising. Thanks BNow.

You can buy a fishing map at the lake (Dames Ferry Park). I think they cost 7 or 8 dollars. I'll send you an email with the section we usually dive.

Wick00 thanks for a copy of the Dames Ferry area. Will pick up a map later this week. I heard a church is submerged in the lake. Have you come across it?

I attempted to dive Lake Juliette this weekend, we made it out 8ft from the shore, vis was a foot at best and water temp at 3ft was 63 degrees and aborted the dive. The water is much higher than it was at the end of the summer, the floating dock is actually floating again. I've been told that they have been/are pumping water in to LJ for a while now and it will take some time for the water to settle down.

mark

Wick00 thanks for a copy of the Dames Ferry area. Will pick up a map later this week. I heard a church is submerged in the lake. Have you come across it?

I haven't heard of or seen a church submerged in Lake Juliette. I know there are some dam ruins submerged that we haven't explored yet (based on the map I have), but no church that I've heard of.

I did hear some rumors about a Georgia Power lake having some kind of structures submerged in it, but I think it was in northeast Georgia...not sure of the name, etc...

If you have that fishing map wick00 look at all the black squares inside the lakes boundaries, if there is one the churches are marked with a cross on top if the black square.

Saltwter junky, the maps indicate buildings/foundations or ruins thats what the paper with our maps say. The GPS coordinates for structure are approximate, but usually close. At smith lake this summer we were looking for a submerged church site, we were unable to find it but we did locate a foundation on the shore that was about 10x10ft and about 2-3ft high made of softball sized rocks. Most of our lakes were impounded in the early 60's probably about the same with this lake so most structures have been under water for 30-40 years so there maybe considerable decompostion to any site.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom