What Undies Under Drysuit in FL?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Inman

Advisor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
You warm water drysuit divers: What undies do you wear?

When I come, I'll be diving a trilam suit. I'll do some dives (like the Hydro Atlantic) where, I'm told, the bottom temps will be in the sixties, and the upper temps during deco in the upper seventies. I've got lots of stuff good for temps from the 30's to the 50's. Maybe some of my under layers will do (like one layer of fleece?).

Help, please.

Deco divers, do you use a separate suit gas bottle when diving HE?

Water temps can get into the low 60's on the Hydro though not nearly all the time. I use 40 gram Thinsulate under a Trilam as my standard thermals. Don't forget to consider carrying out deco in a flooded suit should that come to pass. Also, make sure to hydrate well and stay out of the sun; over-heating out of the water is something to avoid.

Typically, I wear fleece and some long johns or underarmour for diving in the springs. That's around 70F. For anything cooler, I wear the Underarmour cold gear and the expedition weight undies under the fleece. For water temps below 60, I'll move to the Thinsulate 300g.

Whites Glacier MK1 John
Perfect for Florida waters and costs between $45 and $60 depending where you buy it.

For spring dives and water down to 60F or so, I wear my DUI Polartec 150 with my TLS 350, haven't been cold yet... Just remember that you can overheat easily down here in a drysuit, even this time of year. When on the surface stay in the shade, wet yourself down often and drink lots of water. Hope you have a great trip! :palmtree: Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom