Lobster Recipes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tuppyholeman

New
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
As we all like to eat our lobsters, what is you favorite recipe?

I am always looking for new and different ways to enjoy.

An interesting favorite is to sauté lobster pieces in butter and olive oil, with caramelized onions, slices of mango and a touch of jalapeño pepper. Served over rice, with a green salad and a crisp white wine. Bon apetite!

An interesting favorite is to sauté lobster pieces in butter and olive oil, with caramelized onions, slices of mango and a touch of jalapeño pepper. Served over rice, with a green salad and a crisp white wine. Bon apetite!

oooo...yum!

Yum Joystershell!!!

Here is a good reciepe for the left overs, if there is any left.

If you like lobster rolls, this is the one :D

"Lemon Mayonnaise:
3/4 cup mayonnaise
Grated zest of 1 lemon
Juice of 2 lemons
1 teaspoon sugar

Lobster Rolls:
2(2 lb) lobster
1 tablespoon sweet butter
4 fresh rolls
1 stalk celery, minced
3/4 cup lemon mayonnaise
1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, minced
salt and pepper to taste

Make the lemon mayonnaise by mixing all ingredients, and let sit in refrigerator for at least an hour. Remove lobster meat from shells, dice and mix with celery, mayonnaise, tarragon, salt and pepper. Serve on fresh rolls or soft tortillials."

A Nova Scotia Favorite!!!

When we have a lobster feed in the summer, I occasionally get a few extras to make fried lobster.

I take the tails after normal boiling and split them. They are then coated in tempura batter and fried in oil. The tempura batter a very light and makes an awesome treat.

#2:

The Japanese restaurants locally make what they call a “Maine Roll”. This is an oversized rice roll stuffed with cooked lobster and asparagus. It is served with a thousand-island sauce. Awesome!

I like my seafood ... the simpler the better. Sometime, just a little lemon juice, salt, and pepper. I think how you boil or steam the critter makes the biggest difference. I like to boil them 5 to 10 minutes depending on size ... Too long, they lose their flavor. I think broiling them can make them tough and dry. So steaming or boiling is the way to go.

This recipe requires that the tails be previously frozen and you can proportion to the number of tails you have. I don't use measurements and adjust amounts to taste. You can also ad-lib to suit.

Lobster Diablo

3-4 thawed tails, meat removed and cut into 1/2" chunks, reserve shells
Equal amounts of red, green and yellow bell peppers (you can use just red), diced
sweet onion (vidallia, wala wala) equal to 1/2 the total amount of peppers, diced
2-3 large garlic cloves, minced
Colemans Dry mustard 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoon
Italian bread crumbs
Cayanne pepper
1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter
White Wine
Parmesan cheese (fresh grated and not the crap in the can)
Kosher salt (or seasalt, not crap table salt)
Fresh ground black or white pepper

To remove the tail meat from the lobster, use kitchen shears to cut the thin membrane along the swimmerette line on the underside of the tail. The meat should easily pull out in one piece. If you try this with fresh tails, it won't work. Discard membrane and keep the shells, as you will be stuffing and baking them.

Preheat oven to 350 F ( you can also do these on a grill).
Melt butter in a large, preheated saute pan over medium-high.
Add peppers and onion and saute until onions are soft, but not caramelized. Add the garlic just before the onions are done. Add the mustard and cayanne (if your not into heat start with 1/4 teaspoon of cayanne, add more as you like), stir to incorporate. Add 1/2 cup of the wine. Add lobster meat and mix well. pinch of salt and pepper. Saute until the lobster just starts to turn white. Remove from heat and add 1/4 cup bread crumbs and stir. You want a moist stuffing. If there is too much liquid left, add some more bread crumbs. If the mixture is too dry, add more wine. Stuff the mixture into the reserved shells, dividing equally. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until top begins to brown. Remove from oven. Set oven to broil. Sprinkle generously with parmesan and return to oven until cheese melts. Enjoy!

If you want milder or heavier heat, try substituting the cayanne with Ancho or New Mexico chili powder (mild) and Chipolte or Habenero chili powder (fiery)

Craig

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom