Spring break Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mobeeno

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
When is peak spring break season in Ft. Lauderdale and Key Largo area? Wondering when visitors start to arrive or leave :confused:

I thought it was right now!

I saw a good amount of loaded dive/snorkle boats going in/out while I was on the dock waiting for my boat to arrive/depart..... although, my boat had only 7 total divers, the morning and boats that didn't require advanced + rating appeared "full". ymmv

The party started last week and they are still coming in by the hundreds. I would think this weekend should be at the high with students and next weekend will be parents with there kids. Traffic in town is slowing down a bit but the open road is still ok. If you are coming use Card Sound road much much faster.:)

Also at the (Y) there is a cop so be careful and I saw another at Harry Harris Park sign. They seem to like those two places.

For what I have seen they are checking people who are bring in boats.

Dive4food got pulled just outside the marina by FWC. They checked everything on his boat, gave him a paper to show if he got stopped again so they would not have to go threw it again.

What are they looking for? Are they checking them while on the trailer or coming off the water???

Both they are stopping them on US1 and Jon was stopped on the water. I know on the water they came aboard and checked to make sure he had all his saftey equipment. When he was cleared they gave him a paper and said keep this on board just in case you are stopped again just show this and they will let you go. Just by what they said I would think they are going to be in full force during Spring Break this year.

I do recommend that you do have all your safety gear in order down to the bracket on the fire extinguisher. Yes they checked that too.

We got boarded by the Coast Guard first thing coming out of the marina at Kawama's. Fortunately we had all gear on board, in date (check the date on your flares because they will) and accessible. The only recommendations they had were to have the throwable out and move the registration lettering back on the hull so it is easier for them to read. Well, we will keep the throwable out at least. :wink: I was surprised that they asked for everyones IDs and even called them over the radio. Not sure if they were just reporting back to base or they were running us through the system.

After they completed the inspection they gave me a sheet of paper and said keep it for the next few months in case we are stopped by the FWC or CG again in the near future. The said the sheet was as they say, "good as gold."

Guess I better check the dates on my flares then!! Thanks for the heads up.
BTW, any bugs left that are legal size? Figure I'll have 2 days left of season when I get there, might as well try to find a few.

I do recommend that you do have all your safety gear in order down to the bracket on the fire extinguisher. Yes they checked that too.

We got boarded by the Coast Guard first thing coming out of the marina at Kawama's. Fortunately we had all gear on board, in date (check the date on your flares because they will) and accessible. The only recommendations they had were to have the throwable out and move the registration lettering back on the hull so it is easier for them to read. Well, we will keep the throwable out at least. :wink: I was surprised that they asked for everyones IDs and even called them over the radio. Not sure if they were just reporting back to base or they were running us through the system.

After they completed the inspection they gave me a sheet of paper and said keep it for the next few months in case we are stopped by the FWC or CG again in the near future. The said the sheet was as they say, "good as gold."

Jon with you and Jen being the way you are about saftey and them telling you, you were a little on the over kill. Oh that was all the fishing stuff:rofl3:

When is peak spring break season in Ft. Lauderdale and Key Largo area? Wondering when visitors start to arrive or leave :confused:

To answer your question, spring break started 2 weeks ago and will run for another month!! Seems people start coming to Florida first of March and it wont end until mid April with some stragglers after that still.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom