Heading to Savannah

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WetDawg

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Hey there form sunny South Florida.

I may be heading up to GA in the next few weeks with a truck full of Scuba gear.
Is there any diving in the Savannah area? I grew up in Myrtle Beach, SC and know all the wrecks up that way, but was wondering what ya'll have to dive further south.

Any local knowledge would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Wes

Good luck. I was working around SeaIsland(Brunswick) for three weeks last year in the summer. I could not find one dive boat trip. Well, Dixie Divers did have a boat, but I was not going to rent the whole boat just for a dive. :shakehead:

Scubamarket USA: Savannah Scuba gear NAUI & PADI Scuba Instruction Shop
Talk with BOB, the owner, operator, and captain at SCUBAMARKET USA. He just relocated to the new shop and was talking about starting up charters at Gray's Reef again. He would also be the best person to talk to about who he would trust to charter. If you do get something going, and if I am not working, I would love to dive with you!

Carolyn:sharks:

I have heard good things about Capt. Walt! Hope you can get some dives in. Everything I have seen filmed at Gray's...it's pretty pristine. There is an anchor on the reef that they say may have belonged to Blackbeard.

Carolyn:sharks:

Back
Top Bottom