Whaddaya Do With a 9 Year Old?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SubMariner

C'est Moi
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
The Nephews are coming! The Nephews are coming!!! :D

Since the oldest is 9, I plan on taking him into the pool for some Bubblemaker fun. The max depth on the pool CLAIMS to be 5', but I think it's closer to about 4' 8"... Anyways, I digress...

What would YOU like to do as a 9 yr old underwater?

Of course I'm sure any suggestions will be safe, yet fun.

Thanks!

~SubMariner~

Play with a toypedo, take pictures of each other... just let 'em play - they'll keep it fun all by themselves.
Rick

THe more games the better it is

As mentioned the Torpedo

how about the tennis racket and golf ball, it works

or a spoon and ping pong ball, keep the ball under the spoon

there also is the Aquatoy, frisbee under water

Play under water rugby!

It is very fun, takes a lot of effort (make the little fellow tired at evenings!) and is great for that water feeling.

You guys are really giving me something to think about.

BTW, I thought I wasn't being very clear about wanting suggestions for playing UNDERWATER, but everyone here picked up on it right away.

I *knew* there was a reason why I liked this board. :)

Thanks!

~SubMariner~

I have to agree with Rick on this one. Kids in water make their own fun. I had my nephew stay with me for a weekend. I invented a game he ended up loving. Underwater Pool Maintenance! I'm serious. I gave him my mask and snorkel and the end of the pool vacuum hose(without the vacuum atachment). He loved it. He got a kick out of watching the leaves and other pool debris getting sucked up the tube. He spent the whole day in there. I got out and sat in the shade visiting with his mom (my sister). At the end of the day he got mad at his mom when she made him get out...and I got a clean pool!.. Give a kid a mask and put him in a pool. They'll make their own fun.

Back
Top Bottom