Sherwood Maximus - DIN Conversion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi,

Sherwood Scuba has a conversion kit (SAA5200). This changes a yoke style regulator into a DIN regulator. The part should cost you about $80.00 plus the cost of labor to install it. Essentially, the technician will remove the yoke nut and yoke, and then install the DIN conversion kit. There are no problems with this. Dive shops do this regularly. This item you have listed here from scuba.com is a DIN to yoke. This is not what you want. You want to convert a yoke regulator to a DIN.

The link that you have will work once your reg is DIN and you just want to convert it to Yoke for a dive or two. It does make the Reg pretty big though. I just converted my Maximus and Blizzard to DIN. Very easy...

Phil

The link that you have will work once your reg is DIN and you just want to convert it to Yoke for a dive or two. It does make the Reg pretty big though. I just converted my Maximus and Blizzard to DIN. Very easy...

Phil

That's exactly the information that I was primarily concerned with. Do you find you have a problem with hitting your head when using the adapter?

Thank you both for the reply.

I haev not used the adapter with the reg being DIN. I just switched it back to Yoke when I needed it. I do not own an adapter.

Phil

I did mine I believe the part was $70-$80 I did have to drop my tank a little about 1 1/2 - 2" because I did smack my head as I have steel 100's and 120's. But othe than that no problems.

I did mine I believe the part was $70-$80 I did have to drop my tank a little about 1 1/2 - 2" because I did smack my head as I have steel 100's and 120's. But othe than that no problems.

It does put those regs way out there... With a lot of regs it pulls them closer to the Valve, but with these Sherwood with the male connection on them it really extends the reg further away from the valve then a traditional Yoke...

Phil

Thanks for the advice guys. I had the regs switched over a few weeks ago. Your input was great appreciated.

Thanks for the advice guys. I had the regs switched over a few weeks ago. Your input was great appreciated.

Anytime...

Phil

Back
Top Bottom