Where to stay in Marathon?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rufous

Registered
Reaction score
My wife and I are considering a diving trip to the Keys in mid June and will probably do our diving with Hall's in Marathon. I have heard from a couple sources that there can be some real dumps in the Keys. We do not need a fancy resort but sure do not want filthy conditions. Basically clean, comfortable and with air conditioning. But we do not have a big budget. I have never been there so have no idea what is the normal price range for lodging in the Keys. Is it possible to find what we are looking for in the $75 per night range? Thanks, Brian.

My wife and I are considering a diving trip to the Keys in mid June and will probably do our diving with Hall's in Marathon. I have heard from a couple sources that there can be some real dumps in the Keys. We do not need a fancy resort but sure do not want filthy conditions. Basically clean, comfortable and with air conditioning. But we do not have a big budget. I have never been there so have no idea what is the normal price range for lodging in the Keys. Is it possible to find what we are looking for in the $75 per night range? Thanks, Brian.

Stay at Hall's I am sure if you ask them they have a special rate if your diving with them.

Avaoid places that call say they are "Keys Quaint". This usually means that it is a dump. The last time I stayed in a place like that I regretted it. I found a snake in my bed one morning. :shakehead:

This was in Marathon. PM me if you want to know the name so you can avoid it.

PM ME!!! I send people all over and if there is a dump that I am not aware of I would like to know. I pull no punches with people and they trust my judgement when I tell them things I don't want to make a grave mistake.
Becky

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom