Difference between Transpac and Transpac II?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ucfdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just curious, I have the transpac II with the rec wing. I know everyone bashes it for an AL80 single, but coming from a Oceanic Cabo it's night and day difference!

Also what's the cost to have the padding replaced, mine is all worn down :11doh:

Just curious, I have the transpac II with the rec wing. I know everyone bashes it for an AL80 single, but coming from a Oceanic Cabo it's night and day difference!

Also what's the cost to have the padding replaced, mine is all worn down :11doh:

Never understood the love of a Transpac. (I or II). Singles or not.

Seemed like a great deal of fail sewn all over the harness.

Why all the stuff sewn on insted of a band of webbing?

I'm glad you like the Transpac II. It is an old model so we have very limited stock in terms of spare parts. Which padding do you need replaced exactly? Also what size and color are you after? If we have the right size, color etc available the price would be around $20.

Let me know and I'll check our stock for you.

I'm glad you like the Transpac II. It is an old model so we have very limited stock in terms of spare parts. Which padding do you need replaced exactly? Also what size and color are you after? If we have the right size, color etc available the price would be around $20.

Let me know and I'll check our stock for you.
It's black. This thing has easily 300 dives on it, salt water included, and it's several years old, so I'm not complaining by the way.

The padding that goes directly against the divers back has gone flat, and the waist belt is very stiff now. I can't remember if there ever was padding on the shoulder area?

Iceberg,

The reason I am looking at the Transpac is because 80% of my time is diving with no suit and the ease of quick release on the sholder straps. Yes, I could put a pad on an aluminium or steel back plate, padding on the shoulder staps and still no quick release shoulder buckles for more than a Transpac would cost.

It's black. This thing has easily 300 dives on it, salt water included, and it's several years old, so I'm not complaining by the way.

The padding that goes directly against the divers back has gone flat, and the waist belt is very stiff now. I can't remember if there ever was padding on the shoulder area?

What size is the TransPac? We have limited sizes available?

Never understood the love of a Transpac. (I or II). Singles or not.

Seemed like a great deal of fail sewn all over the harness.

Why all the stuff sewn on insted of a band of webbing?
1- Easier to don/doff w/ the quick releases than a 'band of webbing'
2- Easier to adjust when changing exposure suits (3mm, 5mm, dry), than a band of webbing
3- Easier on the shoulders for extended lugging time on shore dives (which I do alot of)
4- Has all the attachment points I need
5- Trims up fabulously, and doesn't overweight me with steel singles in cold water
6- Have yet to hear of ANYONE that has had any sewn point, or quick release buckle, fail anywhere, on a Transpac...

Never understood the zeal over a bp/w and hog harness on a singles rig... (and yes, I've dived that kit -- multiple times, trying to give it its fair due)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom