Jetstream Info Request

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

swinchen

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi All,

I am looking into purchasing my first regulator and right now the Jetstream is in my sights.

What is the rated depth and temperature for this setup?

Also I am new to this sport but I am addicted and hope to advance quickly into more advanced diving. It seems as though this setup is oxygen clean... is it also rated for trimix?

Thanks,
Sam

Anything O2 clean is rated for any other breathing gas you'd ever put through it.

Hi All,

I am looking into purchasing my first regulator and right now the Jetstream is in my sights.

What is the rated depth and temperature for this setup?

Also I am new to this sport but I am addicted and hope to advance quickly into more advanced diving. It seems as though this setup is oxygen clean... is it also rated for trimix?

Thanks,
Sam

Hey Sam,

Thanks for the post. We love the Jetstream and it is certainly the "Cadillac" of our high performance regulator line up. It is designed for deep diving (beyond recreational limits) where work of breathing is more difficult. It is an awesome regulator and you should be aware of its unique characteristics. First, it is an upstream regulator with a safety valve in the hose. This means it will not free flow when if it fails, it will blow gas through the hose instead. Some divers are not bothered by this design, others prefer to have a downstream design regulator (the same type of regulator you probably used in your scuba classes). Next, this regulator, being a Cadillac, is more expensive to have serviced. Parts are not cheap and labor isn't either. We suggest sending it to a certified Dive Rite Jetstream technician or back to the Dive Rite factory. Like any Cadillac, you have to be committed to getting your machine the best service possible so it will continue to perform as it is intended. This may or may not be what you are looking for.

The depth and temperature rating is found online in the product manual in our library or under the product download at:SCUBA Diving Equipment for Technical, Wreck and Cave Diving: Dive Rite, Inc - Product Catalog - Jetstream Regulator

If you are new to diving and looking at advancing into technical diving, may I suggest the 3000 Regulator? We love this regulator, too, however it may be a better regulator choice for your current experience level AND it will serve you well as a technical regulator. This regulator is popular among explorers because it is easy to work with in the field, has a small profile and excellent work of breathing at technical depths. A downstream regulator, Dive Rite offers free parts for life through an authorized Dive Rite dealer as long as the 3000 is serviced every 100 dives or two years.

All of our regulators are oxygen compatible, meaning they work with any gas that has a higher percentage of oxygen (Nitrox or Trimix). To better understand the meaning of "02 Clean," see the article titled "What is 02 clean?" in our website library at SCUBA Diving Equipment for Technical, Wreck and Cave Diving: Dive Rite, Inc - Articles

I know this is more information than you asked for, so I hope you don't mind the added insight.

Best,
Kathleen

Thanks Kathleen.

Somehow my eyes missed those numbers in the manual. I have to say the Jetstream sounds pretty amazing. I am still curious about it...

Service is recommended ever 100 hrs of diving, or 2 years. Can you give me a rough idea of what a typical servicing might cost?

Actually the other reg. I was looking at from Dive Rite is the RG3500. But now that I look at it, the 3000 is actually rated for colder temps with the ice kit. Hmmm, certainly something to consider.

Hi, I might as well just tack this question on here...

Does the Jetstream use the Poseidon Xstream 1st stage? I am confused because the Dive Rite website mentions that, but then I am looking at the specifications and the Dive Rite has 4 LP ports, and the Poseidon has 5. Thanks,

Sam

Hi, I might as well just tack this question on here...

Does the Jetstream use the Poseidon Xstream 1st stage? I am confused because the Dive Rite website mentions that, but then I am looking at the specifications and the Dive Rite has 4 LP ports, and the Poseidon has 5. Thanks,

Sam

Good spotting! Apologies for the confusion. The Jetstream does indeed have 2 HP and 5 LP ports. We will make the changes on our website ASAP.

Ag

The Jetstream DR appears to be a great reg. My question is how long DR will be having this regulator, and since it is made to DR's specs, can Poseidon service them if DR no longer carries them? I have an original Jetstream that's almost 20 years old, and I can still get it serviced?
Thanks in advance.
George

The Jetstream DR appears to be a great reg. My question is how long DR will be having this regulator, and since it is made to DR's specs, can Poseidon service them if DR no longer carries them? I have an original Jetstream that's almost 20 years old, and I can still get it serviced?
Thanks in advance.
George

Hi George,

Thanks for your question. Dive Rite stands by our warranty. You can read about the warranty we offer on the Jetstream DR here:
SCUBA Diving Equipment for Technical, Wreck and Cave Diving: Dive Rite, Inc - Product Catalog - Jetstream DR

For your information, the new Jetstream DR has been redesigned for use with a standard 3/8-inch LP regulator hose. The OP valve is now located in the first stage, freeing divers to switch hoses easily without ordering a Jetstream-specific hose.

If you have any other questions don't hesitate to contact us.

Best,
Ag

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom