Scubapro Air2 hose length

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dingsand

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I recently bought a used Scubapro Classic with Gen 3 Air2. The hose of the Air2/inflator is too long from the BC to my mouth. I am just wondering if LDS can alter the length to fit my case or if there is other solution when I bring it in for service.

Thanks.

Ed

I have the opposite problem with my ranger, the hose is to short.
You will probably have to get a new corregated hose and shoulder dump valve because of the dump cable that is inside the hose and is attached in the shoulder dump valve.

Hello everyone,

I recently bought a used Scubapro Classic with Gen 3 Air2. The hose of the Air2/inflator is too long from the BC to my mouth. I am just wondering if LDS can alter the length to fit my case or if there is other solution when I bring it in for service.

If you're talking about the thick hollow 1" rubber hose, there's a chance it may have been switched for the wrong hose, or more likely, somone added a home-made or incorrect cable on the inside. The hose is kind of strechy, and the length is mostly determined by the cable inside.

In any case, the shop can make it shorter, but first you should check out how long it is on a new BC of the same model, since it's likely that if they reinstall the right cable and possibly hose, it will be correct again.

If you're talking about the actual LP inflator hose with the quick disconnect, you should have that checked too, to make sure it's the correct part. It shouldn't be too long, since it's sized correctly for it's intended use.

Terry

Back
Top Bottom