Any good beach diving on the East Ala./West Fla. Gulf coast?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BORG

Contributor
Reaction score
Tucker, Georgia, just northeast of Atlanta
# of dives
100 - 199
I posted this my local Lake Lanier Looney Birds, but I will ask you guys too. I will be down in Gulfport. MS. on the first weekend in April on some family business.

I will be heading back to Atlanta that Sunday. I just want to get wet and burn some air after a long, cold, DRY, winter.

Is there any decent(reasonable vis.) beach dives on the East Ala./West Fla. Gulf coast area that I could do?

Any information would be helpful, THANKS!!

There are some good ones there. The east jettys at Orange beach is full of life. Check the tide tables before you go. There is another spot just west of there, not far at all called the whiskey wreck. Its right off the beach, neat dive when the viz is good.

A few shore divable wrecks, a pier, and a set of jetties in Perdido Pass on the Alabama side of the line; Pier rubble in P'Cola, a pier in Navarre, Jetties in Destin and Panama City Beach FL.

What do you call "reasonable vis"?

All the sites are either tide or surf dependant.

I think we need a Beach/ Shore diving Sticky Thread as this has been hashed over and over.
Not saying not to help out a fellow Diver but a Sticky help everyone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom