St Andrews - Dredging Again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fish Food

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Drove 2 hours today just to find out they're dredging the channel. Viz was, of course, zero. Any idea when they will be done? I can't find any info on the internet.

Come to Destin where the viz was a whopping 10' with no dredging today! :rofl3:

You should have asked...or looked at my dive report from last week. Of course, it was in the Florida forum, though. I had about 5' of visibility. From where they were in the channel last week, I'm guessing it's going to take them another few weeks to finish. I had great visibility in the Mill Pond today.

You should have asked...or looked at my dive report from last week. Of course, it was in the Florida forum, though. I had about 5' of visibility. From where they were in the channel last week, I'm guessing it's going to take them another few weeks to finish.

I usually don't go into the Florida section... Obviously I should.

I had great visibility in the Mill Pond today

Rub it in.

They were about 1/4 of the way across the channel when I was there over a week ago.

Not much longer. The jetties are shot. This past weekend about 6-7 miles off it was 20' of vis and 8-10 it was a solid 30-40'...

Do you think the Jetties will be back to normal in about 2 weeks? I've scheduled a trip down there April 7th.

On Sunday the 23rd for the 2 hours prior to high tide (9 until 11 am) the vis was decent (not great), with 15 ft on the inside of the Jetties, and 25 ft on the outside. The dredge was not in operation as it was Easter day.

Keith

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom