WreckFest 2008 Key Largo FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris Brown Tech

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi all,

We are proud to announce the details for this years WreckFest event. Please dont hesitate to PM, call or email me with any questions. Hope to see you there and to give you a taster of what to expect; here is the press release:

WreckFest 2008, the brainchild of Silent World Dive Center in Key Largo is back!

In 2007, Silent World organized the very first WreckFest: a celebration of the wrecks of the Upper Keys, for like-minded wreckaholics to explore some of the best dive sites that North America has to offer. The first event took place over a long weekend in September, and Silent World’s 2 boats were dedicated to taking recreational and technical divers out to wreck after wreck after wreck! In the evening, divers (who included the world renowned WKPP explorers Jarrod Jablonski and Casey McKinlay) were treated to dive related seminars, food and refreshments at the Holiday Inn.

This year, the event is going to be even bigger and better, and will run for nine days from August 2nd-10th. The dive sites will include the Spiegel Grove, Duane and Bibb amongst others for the recreational advanced divers, plus the Northern Light and Queen of Nassau for the more technically experienced. New sites introduced to the schedule will be the Doc DeMilly and Hugos April Fool in Biscayne National Park. Evening events will be hosted by renowned divers such as Wreck Detective John Chatterton, IANTD’s Tom Mount and world record cave diver Jarrod Jablonski. All the major manufacturers and training agencies including Aqua Lung, Halcyon, Hollis Tech, Oceanic, Global Underwater Explorers, IANTD, PADI and TDI are sponsoring the event and will be providing pool equipment demos, as well as gear giveaways, and opportunities to find out more about rebreathers, technical diving and training.

Those interested in WreckFest 2008 can contact Chris Brown at Silent World Dive Center on 305-451-3252 or via email: info@silentworldkeylargo.com. Visit us on the web at Silent World: Wreckfest

Jablonski, Mount, and Chatterton.. wreck diving. Now that might get me back in the water!

I'd love to make that a trip!

Jablonski, Mount, and Chatterton.. wreck diving. Now that might get me back in the water!

Been out of the water?

latest update: GUE instructor Mark Messersmith has agreed to give a presentation on PFO's and resulting DCS problems. As a long standing experienced cave & ocean diver who regularly conducts dives many hours in duration at depths over 200ft, he has experience of how to minimize the risks and also what is involved in PFO testing and surgery from a personal perspective.

Those of us who suspect a PFO or have been diagnosed with one will find this talk particularly useful.

Hi all,

We are offering special rates for training during Wreckfest 2008. Courses on offer are now on the web at: Silent World Wreckfest Training

Rebreather training with Richie Kohler will be published shortly

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom