Blue Grotto This Saturday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ucfdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
It's my understanding the UCF dive club will be going here. This will be my first time diving with the group, I look forward to meeting all of you!
<<<DiveBlueGrotto.com>>>

Who all here is coming? What time are you getting there? I'll be heading to my parents place Friday night in High Springs, so I'll only have a 30mile drive the day of.

I HIGHLY recommend a can of cheese it to bring along on the dive :D

Are you guys breathing air or nitrox for this one? The back of the cavern is 100ft from my recollection (po2 of 1.451 on 36%). Stay off the bottom and you can use 36% o2, or if you want to play it really safe, 32%. I'll dive whatever everyone else is diving. There's a few good bbq places nearby for the lunch surface interval. My preference is to dive 36% for the first tank, and then air for the 2nd.

Last time I was at Blue Grotto (admittedly a few years ago) the compressor was nasty (dirty), so I'll be getting my breathing gas from elsewhere. Those of you who have been there recently can hopefully correct me and tell me they've gotten better since then.

Most of the club doesn't post on here unfortunately, save for Brian (Litehedded), Ryan (Rox), and I. I won't be there, but Brian and Ryan will be. Most of them are diving air, don't know about Brian (usually Nitrox).

Also, I thought they were going Sunday? I wish I could go!

Danny

No problems with their gas. Even off the "trail", I barely hit 90 feet last weekend.

unfortunetly it turns out I will not be there this weekend either :( but it is saturday the 29th Ill try and let you know what the times and info will be but its 38+ tax to dive there if I had to guess I would say they would be leaving at 9:30(which is almost always the case) so plan to be there at about 11:00 I will find out for sure though

we're meeting at the ucf campus at 9am to carpool.
you're welcome to show up there and ride with us

we're meeting at the ucf campus at 9am to carpool.
you're welcome to show up there and ride with us
If this is a standing offer, I'll take it. Let me know who to give some gas money to (or bring burgers, something...).

If this is a standing offer, I'll take it. Let me know who to give some gas money to (or bring burgers, something...).

I think burgers are taken care of. I already offered :p
meet us at the visual arts building at 9am and you can catch a ride with us
btw what's your name?
I'll be in a silver mustang

Certainly not a member of the club, but I'll be down there with an OW/AOW class this weekend.

the K

We were just down there at Blue Grotto this weekend for some of our AOW dives and the air seemed just fine. Just very expensive... $10 a fill... ouch...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom